When life is over is when it's too late.
Seems like more & more time is spent at funerals recently, has to be our age bracket mostly, but even some young ones just go too.
So as my mind wanders around in Life Thoughts, I pray people don't waste time living in anger, I'm too busy, I cannot forgive! I don't have the money, or just plain don't want to bother making connections.
Yup people are not perfect, or just the way we might wish they were... but they are the people the Good Lord put us in place with, as a family, friends, or just to come across our lives for a season.
Other people can teach us much, be and be an encouragement, our conscience, our supporter, challenge us to be more than we ever thought we could be.. & Vice Versa... Many have been that and more to me.
It has been my/our custom through our younger years to connect with people OFTEN.. in various ways.. Times we gathered for card games, Supper out, Square Dancing, & Oh the letters I've written, when we were between travels. Seniors look forward to any sort of connection, "touch." But one dear Aunt had handwriting that was undecipherable!! Phone lines are busy, If we didn't call they knew something was wrong! Usually Not! But Bud's folks way off in Florida, would think so & sometimes Mom was right.. lol
How do you plane a Vacation of Traveling in a Camper of some sort? You choose what you want to see in America, and how close that might be to seeing some family member too. OR you Plan to see a family member & check what might be available around them. Then at other times you say, "Well we're not to far from so & so why don't we veer off and stop in?" We would call, & Most often they were home & loved the idea..
My brother, cousins, Aunt's Uncle's, parents, Grandparents, old friends from growing up days or school buddies. Same with Bud's family too. His 2 sisters, one in Florida...
My the love that was shared, wonderful fun & even some sad memories, made "getting to KNOW each other" better. We shared good times. Then came times of health issues with some, and then there is a different time together, even if it is a little uncomfortable..
Amazingly several unplanned stops were our last stops, within a week or 2 they were gone forever. So happy we had that last visit, Or phone call & enjoyed each other's company making a few last good memories.. Some we had no idea their loss would be that soon, others we knew it was coming, and took off to see them before it happened... I'm not saying all this to brag or bring praise, I just want to share a possibility that might be a possibility in someone else's life too..
Dad always said "Don't put off till tomorrow what you could/should do today." In the scheme of eternity what will be the most important things to have done? Love God, Love People it seems to me..
I used to make "Mary pops-in" visits around here too.. as I would be off running errands some days. Shutins love it.. even if it has to be brief.. Now that my eyesight is getting worse, I don't drive far anymore, but sure miss those good times too. Now my fingers do the walking more. lol
So try planning your days with others in mind more often, rather than "forgetting" how fast time flys, and is gone. Besides, what is the more important thing in life? Live bodies, live voices, inflections, stories, hugs, smiles, a touch, maybe a kiss, can make a day for everyone. :-) It takes some time to really connect, but once connected, WOW! What blessings are received or given and No Regrets will be another Motto for life! Never let it be "too late."
.... I hope there is a respite from funerals for a bit for us, but like I said "It's that time of life now" ... As I remeber this one & that one, I have a day pop in mind, and smile on my face as I think of them. From each border, and across the land, so many to "think of & remember, ... after all we are old now! ha-ha tho the brain is still a few years behind the body...
No comments:
Post a Comment