Good Morning dear Blog... it is quiet, Bud is out, and it is Saturday.. My prep for Sunday at church is done, and I been a wandering on Facebook and in E-mails. My dear cousin & husband are checking into assisted living. That has got to be a difficult change in life and all. My she loved her home & fussing about it, and cooking especially baking. Always had homemade cookies or breads on hand when we went to visit. You can only take such a small amount with you to those places.. What do you choose to take? my oh my... I cannot imagine. We took care of Bud's mom & dad till their passing, so as children we didn't have this tough decision to help them through.
Without my sisters-in-law & brother- in- law's help we couldn't have done it. 24 hours a day is tough & draining after awhile. But as I look back.. Hindsight is always marvelous, is it not?
As I look back the *many* precious moments and 'history' stories of life they shared were wonderful. Nothing like learning at the feet of your elders. (and the things you learn about yourself, wonderful hindsight)
Last year of my dad's life had some grand times too.. My he went fast! And my Brother... even faster! But we had purposed to get together, do things together, share as much time as we could and boy, there sure are not any regrets there. As much as we could up until we were in our 50's and lost them, we made many trips to Florida, just to be with Bud's parents, or stopped by on our way somewhere else to relatives here and there as we went on vacation or were coming home. MY what special times with brother, cousins, Aunts, etc.
A neighbor gal, once said, If you are too busy for family, you are TOOOO Busy! I told her, you are so right. I don't think much time ever passed between visiting, Or calling people, used to write a lot of letters too. I'm not saying this dear blog for you to pat Bud & I on the back but just that.. If people miss opportunities OR don't make opportunities to "Treasure Family"... my what you are missing. God gave us each one in our blood lines or in-law line because they were best for us.. & Love looks over a lot and accents the positive in people and you get even more love... Don't you think I am right? Besides one bible study once confirmed... the world does not revolve around me... I am to be "others" focused, and Give... but OH what has come back to us in full measure I don't have space here to share... As we age, it is harder to do and keep up, and I sure miss the traveling, my head says one thing, my body says another.. haha
.... Catch ya later "dear Blog"
And have a great day friends... Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment