Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Where are Our Feelings?? and so on.....

   Good Morning! well it is another day the Lord has made.. and I awoke to it... that's good.. But the world has literally gone crazy, has it not? But it has been happening for sometime. 
  • Now I see it happening everywhere. Seems like we are into *our feelings* more than anything else. We of the church are even caught up in... Feelings & worldly things, rather than God's word & truth. Isn't that sad? 
  • Am I wearing my feelings/heart on my shoulder and daring someone to knock it off? When are we going to grow up in the faith, and BE about the real stuff our Father is concerned about? 
  • We dare not discuss "religion or politics" as they used to say. We will become enemies... For shame that you can't have a different opinion or, maybe know some truth, from God's Word without causing a major break.  
  • Some people never read the Word, or else do it sporadically. Or we read it for *other people* wrong! it has been written just to each of us individually. People have asked how can you read it over & over & over. EASY! It is God's love letter & manual for living to me, and like any kid I need to be told again & again till I get it. God's Word never changes, BUT the application may in some spot in our lives. He has left nothing we NEED to know & live by unavailable to us. 
  • My feelings will get me into trouble when I let them override God's Word, or sometimes the good common sense He gives us as we immerse ourselves in His truth. 
  • He made & loves his creation. He has a plan for living and being and doing. Yet, we are still stumbling around in the minor things rather than moving on to the major things that concern Him. 
  • We believe our *feelings*... *our friends*... *our desires*... rather than the absolute truth of Almighty God. Yeah! We given up on absolutes! Wonder how that will work for us on judgement day? Not very well I'm thinking. 
  • Our worldly selfishness... prideful thinking... and such have caused hurt, division, in families, churches, etc. Time to put away childish things like .. "What about me? What about me? What about Me??" Life is not all about ME... it is about Others! (according to the book I'm reading) :-)  And NO I am NOT the best at... or the be all to end all... or have all the answers... and some things I think I should do... I shouldn't!! even tho I'd really like to...  but I have learned to take God's critique/criticism/direction thru His Word, His people, His still small voice and move on... and learn from that. Finally! Some Transformation into the family resemblance of my Heavenly Father in a new way.  How about you? 
  • God Knows Best!! (Father Knows Best) remember?  He has worked in my life from day 1 and I didn't even know Him then. Setting me in the family of His choice, in the towns of His choice, in the schools of His choice, in the Church body of HIS Choice, under the leadership of His choice, just so that I would be molded His way .. For His Reason .. His work in me right where I am!! For me to be a help & blessing to *others.* :-) 
  • I have never run from, took up my marbles & left the game, or balked at His training/ teaching/ refining. (well not for long anyway) remember... Father Knows Best!  I have had to eat crow and choke on some of my own words, but OH how He prepared me, to take it, from Him & sometimes thru others, and learn & grow... God is Good All the time... I live in unity with others, cause my Father is NOT a God of disorder & confusion, I live in Love because He is love, and I am not cloistered anymore but reaching out of my comfort zone, as best I can in any way I can and what joy & even fun it has been in the doing! 
  • S.H.I.N.E. Church & Family... Life is NOT all about ME! (nor just you) It is about God & Others.. 
  • After today's news of another terrorist attack that is even more evident! We must turn from our wicked ways, seek God and pray for ourselves & ALL others as we get busy about reaching out to everyone along the highways & in the hedges.
    S.aved/Sent/ Serving
    H.is Alone/His heart/ Harvest
     I.nvesting/Impacting
    N.eedful instruction/Nurturing words
    E.nlisting others/Encouraging/Evaluating self 

No comments:

Post a Comment