Sunday, January 24, 2016

Thinking of our friend we lost, Nick Perdicaris

   This morning I was notified of the passing of Nick Perdicaris.  We will miss him, and the twinkle in his eyes, but shall remember his life examples set before me. (us) 
   Nick and his wife Else, the sweetest of couples.  Sweet, kind, patient with all of us. :-) 
   This morning at church was like Perdicaris day! Went to Bible study and we were in Matt. 5: 1-12 called "The Beatitudes." but also called "the beautiful attitudes," by another dear sweet lady I know. Florence O'Rear. 
    I didn't know the Perdicaris clan intimately, but saw them often thru the years. Began when our daughter Becky started taking voice lessons, and we were by there a lot, and at recitals and etc. etc. Then she got piano too.
   Our lesson title today in Sunday School..
"DISTINCT in My Character".. is that not these two? 

   Our lesson point today.. choose attitudes and actions that are blessed by God.. and there they are listed for us, and I saw them in action in Nick & Else.
Blessed are those that are poor in spirit ..

Blessed are they that mourn ..
Blessed are the meek .. 

Blessed are they that hunger & thirst after righteousness..
Blessed are the merciful..
Blessed are the pure in heart ..Blessed are the peacemakers ..
Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness sake,
Blessed are you when men shall revile you and say all manner of evil against you falsely because of Jesus.
Be glad, rejoice and be glad: for great is your reward in heaven, for they persecuted the prophets before us. To be numbered with the prophets!! wow!

    I left off the blessings listed after all these things cause I know that Nick was not aiming to have these characteristics because of the blessings, but just because he loved the Lord and aimed to please Him. 
    So as I went into our worship center, first song sung.. was about going home and hearing "Well Done"... yeah! that was what my friend desired to hear.  Don't you think so? 
     Ahhh that we could all be as sold out, steadfast, immovable in our love of the Lord and service to him (thus to others) as Nick & Else... thus.. touching other lives with the truth of salvation, the Lord's love and just downright goodness. 
   I asked someone once "Why do you love going over to someone's house after church every Sunday?" And the young man said, "All I can say is.. It's just comfortable."  I think that applies here also, ya loved being around the Perdicaris' because it was just comfortable.
   They are in my small group of hero's in the faith that exuded the love of Christ always.. & prayed always. 

    Praise the Lord, we shall meet again, and spend eternity in the presence of our Lord worshiping together! Till then Nick... thanks for the memories & love you gave us all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment