A while back we got a change in our Sunday school material for adults... I am still so excited about it!! Me, that is not all that happy about changes. But it was like a message from heaven.
My sainted mother-in-law Alice had a stock answer for any question I had about how to handle something or what to do. She would always say... "What does the book say?" Meaning of course in the Bible, what has God said? Then she would add.. "better look that up, cause I just might tell you wrong."
Ha-ha just who did she think she was kidding?? Her, the woman of the book that devoured it daily for hours!! But never mind we / I went to look it up.. naturally. Best advise I ever got. "What does the book say?"
Not giving what was her opinion off the cuff, nor anything else. And some of the answers were tough to obey, but when I stepped out, the Lord was with me and what peace I had.
Well our New material, begins each lesson with "What does the Bible say?" Oh how my heart jumped!! And some of the girls in the class too, cause I've asked Mom's question of them for years too. :-) Can you believe it? I hope you do. Just because the Bible is our authority for all of life.
Then I've tried to get it out of the Bible and into living it. Sometimes that is not as clear sometimes as others... and the *new* stuff has some great ideas/helps/challeges on how to *Live It Out.* How do we live out what we've just supposedly studied and desire to obey the Lord in all things. They've added "The Point of Each Lesson" also. Can't miss the Point!! Please don't miss The *Point!
How do we practically apply the word? I so.. Appreciate the added helps & insights, for me as a student/leader.
The aptly named title of our studies is
Bible Studies for Life... and they sure have been. Be it in our families, churches, just dealing with people & life anywhere.
Bible Studies for Life... and they sure have been. Be it in our families, churches, just dealing with people & life anywhere.
I can hardly wait to get from one study to the next. Each one builds on the last one. God is so good to us in using the men/women he has at Lifeway to design such material spot on to the word & life!!
IF your not in it... get in it! Help.. Blessings.. Excitement.. Challenge.. Fun.. Training.. Ministry.. await in the transforming power of the Word with others that love the Lord, and his body the church too.
My, yes! We are not what we used to be, but God is not finished with us yet either. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment