Love & Marriage... according to the song, "go together like a horse & carriage."
Well is that true? I think so, for those that really understand *love.* Others I think not.
When we can get over our initial infatuation, and sexy thoughts, then we might get on to Love... But there surely is a difference in ALL 3 and we'd better know where we are coming from. OR we could be in serious trouble.
In my day there was a saying... be careful that you *don't jump from the frying pan into the fire!* Good thought.
Sometimes our judgment gets clouded by our emotions, or incorrect thinking.
It is best to take time and make wise decisions.
Love & Marriage... I say that not all people are meant to be married, and I get that from the good book.
It says that IF you can control yourself that sometimes it is better to stay single.
Then you can devote yourself to the work of the Lord only, and not be distracted.
Good thought, don't you think?
When we tend to think in terms of *needs, wants, emotionally, and etc.. is when we get ourselves in trouble.. and IF I dare think *I* can change or mold a person into what I *desire,* disaster surely awaits.
The Book also says, do NOT be unequally yoked. A Christian should never even start dating a Non-christian. OOPS..
As good old Barney Fife would say...
"Nip it! Nip it in the bud!!" :-)
Yes.. wherever our mind and emotions go the body will follow...
What are we feeding our thoughts on, with, are we just IN the world, OR have we become part OF it, in our thinking and decision making??
Just some rambling food for thought.
I've been told *Real* Love begins at the neck & goes UP.... if it's from the Neck Down... It is most likely just infatuation or lust...
No comments:
Post a Comment