In my many years I have come to the conclusion we are a culmination of our genes, upbringing, environment.
Some things just come naturally to us...
Other things we learn from the environment we are in... and we sometimes *copy* the actions & thoughts of our elders, for good OR bad.
And other things we we learn from our upbringing and what we were told or had done to us.
- Soooo WHY are we as Christians not allowing God to truly be in control... have HIS will and way in our lives and sooner complete the *transformation* He desires in us?
- Babies come into the world a blank slate but have a propensity toward selfishness & rebellion... learned that from my own experiences.
- Parents tended to say, in my day, "Do as I say not as I do" whether it was by example or by verbal communication. Now that is not a real good thing. And less good IF they were not Christian. Heaven forbid if we chose to smoke what a disaster as they themselves sat smoking. AND Drink? that was even worse, and yet they did it more & more & more till I could honestly say... "some had a real problem" Addictions happen slowly & we never know IF we can break the cycle. Divorces were not common in my day, but seems as tho now there are a lot of them, and sorta run in families... how can that be in Christian lives? Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances but.. over & over?
- Then we became the parents and continued the cycle. Loved puffing the weed, and began to enjoy the booze and the *so-called* relaxing effect. Just another way to hook ya into something ugly... and really WHAT HONEST good thing does it do for you?? Nothing!!
- Then some of us meet Jesus and things begin to change.. for some of us... little by little, and for others POOF!! who is this person? Are they for real? Praise the Lord What change!
- WHY oh WHY is still the question...
- Why are some of us frequenting places that could be our downfall or ruin our testimony?
- Why is our language, or acceptance of certain vulgarities so tolerated these days? And we post things with them in it, or coming from certain places on Facebook without a bit of trouble or concern.. hmmm troubles me. Dampens what might have been a good quote for sure.
- Have you noticed dear Blog that in the past few years we no longer blush at anything? Sad isn't it? WHY?
- Why are some even backtracking on a lot of things that their faith and the Lord's instructions about are not matching up? OH is it the "Do as I say, not as I do" syndrome? OR "You just don't understand what I'm going thru?" OR are we just following the example of family/friends, rather than "Thus sayeth the Lord" I was blessed to have a woman of God in my life that when I asked her questions she always said, "WHAT does the Book say??" and now our new Bible Study material is asking the same question on each lesson... "what does the Bible say?" My class got so tickled at that!
- And I wonder... in the scheme of Eternity and giving an account of my life will I be shocked & shamed that I was not obedient to the word of God and *assumed* I'd get a pass? I surely hope not, I desire to please the Lord more than anyone else in this world... and being in the Potter's hands at times is a difficult thing, but also a necessary thing in transforming me into the likeness of my Lord.
- The word of God never changes!! The application may.. The word is ever new each day... meeting us where we are.
- One verse that has just been popping up in my head a lot these days and it must have special meaning, tho for what real reason I'm not sure. 1 Thess. 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
- Looking forward to Pastor's series on the *Mirror*... and wondering what I may have missed, as I look into the Mirror. The Mirror of God's Word examining me with transformation as it's purpose.. wondering where the Lord will check me in Character *who I really am not what I profess*... Conduct... the things that I do, places I go, what am I involved in? what's it's Eternal purpose?.. Conversations... what do I say, insinuate, talk about publicly that should be left unsaid, am I uplifting? sharing Jesus? Contributions... What do I give of my self, and my substance, oh me. Converts... would any one want Jesus after looking at, listening to, Me and my Character, Conduct, Conversations, Contributions, or Converts? Or is the print on the pages they read looking at me smudged? I feel a bit like "Woe is Me."
Thanks for listening Dear Blog, I can always depend on you to give me an attitude check. Have a good day!
Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment