Wednesday, June 18, 2014

AM I The Only One to Wonder???

  Sitting here thinking... as I age it seems I do more and more *thinking, wondering.*
  Do you ever wonder *WHY* families have crappy relationships, and tend to just stay in that mold?? Why no one can make a first step to say.."Sorry" OR IF they do.. that forgiveness is not extended. ? ?
  I think about such things as time runs out on our lives. Tho, really, NO ONE is guaranteed tomorrow OR even the next minute..

  With a dear loved one in the last hours of his life and what a wonderful person he has been to us... I think about the people that never benefited from his love, getting to know him, to enjoy life with him.
   With another dear friend fighting a tough battle, I think the same about his life too.
   And another dear cousin by marriage, with problems, and Dr.'s dawdling it seems.

NONE of us are perfect OR even truly know all the up & downs of someones relationships.
   I am sooo proud to be a part of some folks that accept you warts & all!!! That encourage growth in spirit, heart, mind, attitudes, & just enjoy people .. Not trying to make them over into carbon copies of our own frail imperfect selves. But allowing them to be *a work in progress.*  And just dwelling on the good fine things in a person... saying.. "Ain't they just wonderful?"  (Right Bill?)

  I feel for those that don't OR won't do that. MY OH MY what they are missing of life & love.
  We are culminations of our Genes, our Environment, our relationships, good or bad & what we've been taught... right/wrong or whatever.
   Some things we can change & improve on with a desire to do so... & the help of the Lord in our lives is even more sure of good change.  

   There are many of us that reach out to people, desiring to touch & be a part of someones life. "Getting to know you, getting to know all about you, getting to like you, hoping that you like me... " and on the song goes.
   Then there are those that pull away & rebuff you...Abounding in excuses.   How sad!  AND they have no idea what they are missing by not *forgiving* or *sharing* their lives and *joining in* with the lives of others.. Especially in family... you can never deny blood... It is there for all time.

   Another sad thing I've found is "just how much ALIKE we are.." (those genes) And what I point a finger at someone else about, most often resides in me... OOPS!!

We have lost soooo many loved ones lately!!
Young and old alike! and there are more to come, especially at our ages, might be us next. No one knows but God.
  I can lay my head on my pillow, as someone said recently, with clear conscience, and knowing I did all I could to make things good, or be a peacemaker.  NO regrets, NOR "wish I knew" this or that about a person. No wish I'd done this or that, either.  
   OH that everyone can say that in all good conscience... and have peace in their hearts with God & man.
   No wonder there are still, factions, wars, discontent, anger, & on & on it goes.. how can we change the world, when we refuse to change our own little parts of the world?.. and sadder yet, what we instill in our children!

   Peace, contentment, joy, forgiveness, love begin in me .. (and you)
Doing to and for others what I desire others to do to & for me....

    Attitude check over ... and feeling a bit better tho sadness remains for a moment.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment