Yes I just might be! what do you think?
Next to Halloween, the 4th of July, my least favorite holiday. :-) :-(
I have *never* really liked the all the loud noises, of firetrucks and such in parades.. or the fireworks. (Nor loud anything really)
And as I age it seems that they must get louder about all things, and of course there must be a contest as to who will the loudest neighbor of all. Don't you think? lol
Once upon a time in a land far away.. we celebrated more the Meaning of the Holiday rather than such stuff.
There were parades with *meaning*... Everything, be it marchers, music, floats, were geared at Independence Day meaning..
Do some of our children, grandchildren understand *Independence Day* really?
I am an old woman with odd idea's maybe, which can't really make me all that bad, but that's me. Grateful I can share with you, Blog.
To take babies, and children into such noise and damage their hearing leaves a bit to be desired in my mind, and most other music, sound etc., has already given us a hard of hearing people for several generations... and ONCE lost it is lost!! Hearing aids will never take the place of the real thing!
To blast off some of the rockets or whatever they are that can shake a house is ludicrous!! Rediculous! and the worst of all.
To KEEP this stuff going for days, when your *neighbors* are trying to sleep, your animals are nervous wrecks, babies are scared, sensitive to noise people like me, and Vets with PTSD.. are throw into misery is insensitive! Being jumpy is not a fun thing! :-) But you say, "I have my rights" "It's the holiday, you're no fun!" Believe it or not, Life is NOT about you, it is about us all, and being considerate.
I think the devil is really enjoying all our NOISE tho... don't you? It messes up one of God's gifts to us, hearing, it keeps us missing the *still, small voice of God* Loud stuff beyond so many decibels deafens our hearing, it causes anger among neighbors, no matter how hard we try to stay cool & calm & a keep a sense of feeling friendly. For sure!
What the 4th of July has become, has made it now one of my least favorite holiday's for sure.
That saddens me somewhat, but I shall sit in my quiet place, remembering what it took those men of long ago to get us a Free, New Nation, with God on their minds also, and what they gave up. I shall remember those, that in years since, have fought to keep it, and to share the ideals with other peoples.
With God in mind and the beautiful land he created, for many years HE (God) has blessed us beyond measure because Our People, lived out his principles, and had a moral fiber instilled in the nation beyond any other. (be they church goers or not)
Oh my I could go on for hours...
But.... like I said, *much* has changed, and NOT all change is always for the better... God willing that His People will ...
"If MY people will... ... then I will... ... "
Just saying.... (P.S. it seems as tho common sense has also passed away in a lot of ways)
No comments:
Post a Comment