Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Do you ever think of such things??? .......... :-)

Some days it is not good for me to be alone & quiet. The mind really begins to meander for sure..
  Today Bud & I went out to Costco... and did our thing.. SHOP!
Then after getting stuff put away and having lunch.. I went to check the e-mail and of course Facebook. Not much happening.
   As I sat there in the A/C house, I could hear the birds outside and the man mowing his property behind us.. We have LARGE properties out here and a tree filled huge lot between us.

  Again I thought of my sensitive hearing! I hear things a lot of people miss at a distance.
  Then with all that is happening with my eyes at this stage of life... I just zeroed in on all the senses God Gave Us!
  Sight, Hearing, Smell, Taste, Touch....
What a wonderful things they all are... and what a blessing to enjoy... but once you have them damaged by illness or misuse.. it is gone! OH what a loss.
  SIGHT... I'm struggling at times to see, read, especially that teeny tiny print on bottles of all kinds. For me being Gluten Free... I need to be able to check things out, and I am grateful that some companies are highlighting some of the things to avoid.. Then to see the beautiful faces of family, and flowers and God's scenery, how long will I be able to enjoy that?  Good question, IF you smoke, stop! IF you have other things that can damage your vision... such as diabetes etc., please do what you can to take care of that. I never thought of a lot of things in my stupidity of youth... just saying.
   HEARING... This is still great... I never did like loud sounds, or music. So mine is still good. Never liked noisy parades, and would stick stuff in my ears when I did go.  That I have protected.. and am so happy... I can hear the delicate sounds of an orchestra, the song of the birds outside without venturing out. To hear someone say "I love You" - Good job - or to yell some warning!! The noises animals or kids make in another room.. that is helpful... ha ha AND Yes I'm still trying to protect that. I hear squeaks, and groans in a car that most miss. Better check that out.. early warning signal am I.. lol.
   SMELL.... TASTE.... So far no diseases have bothered that.. Nor have I overpowered either...and since Smell and Taste go together I'm glad... Do love to eat! I have a friend that has no sense of smell.. Sad. I love to smell food cooking.. to taste a favorite food, or that first of the morning coffee!! Smell a flowers scent.. babies after a bath, oh how yummy that is, and yet at times when people have walked by me and taken my breath away with the overpowering smell of perfume or after shave or cigarette smoke.. and cause my lungs (which are bad) to lose breath I sometimes wish I had no sense of smell.
  I do understand my poor asthmatic friends somewhat better. I feel for those I know that will be sent to the hospital or have to stay home because they can't gamble on going anywhere & freely breathe.  I'll bet you didn't know about that did you?

  Do you know that Smell and Taste can be changed by Overdoing something? like too much perfume Or Salt?? After awhile we *lose our sensitivity* & need more... after all it seems as tho EVERYTHING has some sort of scent!! GRRR..
I never have gone that route either, thank you Lord even before my lungs had a problem, I enjoyed the faint smells... and light seasonings... thus enjoying how food *really* Tastes... Poor Bud had shingles in his mouth and things are a bit different for him now. I can't Imagine! But we do have memories and maybe that helps.. Possibly? Who knows?  

   TOUCH... to feel a babies soft cheek or nape of the neck.. oh my.. to feel a bit of silk..  a dogs soft & silky fur, like our Kathy's *fur kids* ha ha .. to touch your Love's face, hold a hand... to touch a hot stove and get that warning... to touch & feel the garden dirt between your fingers or the sand between your toes on a beach somewhere...
    Yes I could go on longer about each of them.. OH that I knew much younger in life what this old body was capable of and to not abuse it... as for the Christian, it is the temple of the Lord.
There are consequences to the things we do or don't do, in many ways...

... So thank you Lord for your amazing creation, and I shall enjoy it to my last breath... and take care of what is left, and abuse it no more... nor inflict abuse on anyone else. How about you? Just thinking aloud.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment