Just Wondering... I live in the Christian World mostly... I venture out into the world around me and do a lot of business there... I meet with people everywhere.. All the stuff wandering around in my head lately, I am not sure I have words to put to them that will make sense, not be obnoxious, or seem judgmental, But... IF you have been reading your Bible a lot you know we *are* to judge....
People can be quick to quote Matthew 7:1 when we want to silence someone who's opinion we don't like. "Judge not, that you be not judged" seems like a good response.
In context , however, the passage indicates we are to judge; we're just supposed to avoid faulty judgements. Furthermore, our judgements are to begin with self. "First remove the plank from my own eye, and then I can see clearly to remove the speck from my brother's eye." Jesus said. v.5 He then said, "Beware of false prophets" v.15 This too requires judging--- we need to be able to discern truth from falsehood.
Jesus used the metaphor of fruit to give us a proper criteria for judging. "By* their fruits you will know them." We are to judge people (including ourselves) by the quality of the fruit we are producing. This fruit cannot be judged by earthly values such as how good we look. v. 15
It must be judged by heavenly values--- the fruit of the Spirit produced in us---- love, joy, peace Galatians 5:22
Our tendency is to judge by appearance. BUT God judges by what I produce, and so should I.
Be slow to judge others, and quick to judge myself.
So what Fruit do I allow HIM to produce in me??
Galatians 5:22 "WHEN".. the Holy Spirit c o n t r o l s my life he will produce this kind of fruit in my life,
LOVE... it covers a multitude of sin.. What is BEST for that other person??
JOY... Unexplainable JOY = Jesus First, Others 2nd, Me last.
PEACE... am I peaceful? a peacemaker? at peace? keep the peace or a trouble maker & part of the problems? etc
PATIENCE... How long does my patience last? am I as patient with others as I want them to be with me?
KINDNESS...Am I as kind to others as I want them to be kind to me?
GOODNESS... Am I a good person, pure person, good to others person?
FAITHFULNESS... Faithful to Jesus, his church, my mate, family, friends, commitments etc..
GENTLENESS.... I think I can be more gentle, but not to point of mush, That's not the way I see Jesus.. He was Strong yet under control,
SELF-CONTROL... Do I T.H.I.N.K. First or jump in.. do I obey the commandments? Do I control my desires, emotions, thoughts, focus, tongue, etc.
AM I a willing person on his potters wheel, being TRANSFORMED? by my *working with the Lord* in all area's of my life?
OR am I still stuck in one era of my life, balking with stuff that won't hold water in the scheme of eternity?
I say.. I am a follower of Christ... sooo what reflection of him can anyone See/Feel/Desire in me? Am I anything like my Father.. really?!
Also, We say we are God's hands, and feet... and am I allowing the Christ in me to come out in *others* lives in the savor of sweet fruit? or is my fruit spoiled?
AND I'm learning... When ..
God wants to bless me... He sends a person...
God wants to correct me.. He sends a person.. wonder who that will be?
God wants to lift me up.. He sends a person. Who will that be?
God wants to challenge me... He sends a person... oops..
God wants to show me, myself... He sends a person. oops..
Tough at times... but tis truth..
Thank you Lord for you WORD.. the Bible and I love it sooo.. and your preserving the Manual For Living All of Life, and for the building of a good relationship... 1st with You, and with others... :-)
Thank you Lord for the *people* you sent into my life to hone off the rough spots & wrong attitudes.. *They* know who they are. (tough job sometimes)
Thank you Lord for the imperfect church I belong to, (after all I go there) and thanks for the love that is bestowed on me by people I know (I trust) care for me and want me to become ALL that you desire in me.
We do have a fine time in your Word, Work, Going & Doing.. :-)
Help me oh Lord, to be a beautiful fruit basket where ever I am and with whomever I am... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment