Sunday, March 9, 2014

Yes, the heart & mind are *Meandering* today

There are so many things I am impressed to share on any given day. But...
  My heart hurts for those who hurt with the loss of their loved ones.
  Hurt is hurt no matter who you lose, or however long or short a time you had with them.
  If I could share any one thing of importance it might be this..*DON'T* put off spending time together, sharing life, memories or fun, thinking that you have tomorrow. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. What will be left will be our memories.. good or bad.. *make'em good* and as for regrets IF you might have a few ... I hope not... (but the old devil will really pop in here)... "If only, If only," DON'T let that happen either. We do the best we know how, and if we have, and maybe even had a bit of time to honor some of their requests... just know.. ya did your best!

Sooo having lost my mom when I was 9 and she 31 and my dad was left with 2 small kids to raise after losing the love of his life. She died *unexpectedly* of a cerebral hemorrhage. He was left at the age of 33, It was not the lives we had planned or expected. He mourned for sooooo long and tried burying his hurt in all the wrong ways... NOT a happy life for anyone.
   Then he died before he could retire,*unexpectedly.*  My brother also left *unexpectedly* of a massive heart attack at the age of 63.. Whew...
No regrets about our lives & times together, tho there could have easily been.


I say that to say that... I am not sorry about anything.. we all got closer in the final years as I *worked* the word of God on them... lol another story!! and a dandy!
  Yes, God's word does not return void!!

And there were many other losses... after all, I myself have outlived lots of relatives and friends.. Why.. Only God knows! But He has a purpose and plan for each life and I think when that is accomplished it is time to go home.

So I say all that, to say that... :-)
   I/WE never missed a chance to be together with family & friends all across this nation!! Believe me.. from sea to shining sea were we scattered! Vacations were planned near or at, OR we stopped in as we were going by. Phone calls, letters written, and on into E-mails sent..  And the memories I have hold me in good stead. It helps me to also honor those memories by Living Life to the Fullest for us both, and trying to be the "bestest" person I can be to those I know and love.
   Lots of little things I do are because of... this one or that one, that has gone on. Some I was closer to than others... but I have never forgotten a one!  People around me also learn of these people and the impact they had on my life and others, and the things I have learned because God set me in *their garden.*
    The hurt lessens in time, no I did not say goes away.. but it lessens and I think, for me, sooner than for some, as I dwell on the good fine things and fun and life challenges we met and conquered together!!!  I am proud to tell everyone about each of them.
   There are tales to be told of each one that I don't think I'll ever get told, but I keep trying!! :-)  They are sort of still here and alive and encouraging others & I share their lives in the *telling.*  You too, will get to that point if that is your aim... God is sooo good to help each of us aim correctly.. whatever that might be for each of us.. and to move onward & upward!
   One day at a time, and one foot in front of the other... and look for the Silver Linings!
   :-)  cause This is NOT all there Is!!

That great git'in up morning reunion day is not far off!  Oh to see Jesus! and all the others that have gone on before me..
  I hope my sharing will be encouragement for you out there... and to feel loved and that someone cares.. In fact a lot of people care, but just might not be sure of what to do, so sometimes we do nothing, for fear of doing the wrong thing and hurting you more..
   God Bless and Keep you is my prayer!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment