Friday, February 14, 2014

Meandering for sure today...

  When I post on another spot, they ask..
"What's on your mind?" Today .. much.


We have lost 3 family members in a week to cancer. 1 expected, 1 sort of a shock, since she took care of herself and it was fast moving. 1 oh so fast.. a week from finding out.

This family seems to have a knack for more than one at a time. One year.. 2 aunts.. One year, Bud's parents and now this.. Since I am in a fog sort of there may have been more.

I have often said.. "from the time we are born we are in the process of dying."  And I think that to be true, since there is no respecter of a persons age. The young go, the middle aged, and the elderly. We just don't know our time, or mode of exit. Right?

I think I have frittered away a lot of my life, tho I hope there were more good things along the way than not.

Each person touches another person. We can bring darkness or light into their life. Either by the things we do... or the words we say.
My oh my I wish I could take back a lot of words, and that I had done more. Don't you feel that way at times? We do the best we know how and can at the times. Sometimes our own upbringing and family belief's get in our way.
My dad always said, "Don't cry over spilt milk." And so I shan't, but I shall *keep keeping on* and do the best I can on *this* day.
Since becoming a child of the King, and learning to let him lead, my it has been an up & down road. An interesting one, an excited one, an oh so different. Some months it has been like *months* of going backward instead of moving forward. Why wasn't I more steady? stable? I dunno... lol    BUT...
Thank God! God is a God of 2nd & 3rd chances and He continually molds us, and hones off rough edges and IF we didn't get it, He never tosses in the towel. He too, just *keeps keeping on* with us.

So I guess the moral of this story is...
Death is a part of life... be grateful for those that the Lord put into your life for a purpose.
Remember, those that know the Lord will be reunited in heaven, so keep keeping on and aim to NOT bring shame to the family name.
Mary Gulley Christian.
     Do all the good you can
     By all the means you can
     In all the ways you can
     In all the places you can
     To all the people you can
     As long as you ever can.
                           Wesley's Rule
and If you cannot do great things...
       Do small things in a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment