Friday, January 10, 2014

So Much on My *Meandering* Mind

 
Well now, here I sit with my coffee, and thoughts are truly rambling around in this old head. Today I have had cousin Bill & Joanne on my mind heavily, with their health problems. Then a sweet old friend Denise, formerly from FBC Griffith, connected with me on Facebook, and as we talk, I began to think!
          NOW that can be something! Me thinking! 
 
God is sooo good in the people he chooses & sets our lives into OR just causes to pass through. Each one has a definite and sure purpose in our life and our maturing in many things/ways.
He has blessed me in ways that only lately I've come to realize! And, I am sure He has in ways I'll never know till heaven. And, maybe by then it won't even matter.
   The death of my mother was a shock that I am still not able to put fully into words. I was 9. It seems that lots of things got blocked out for a long time.
Suffice it to say, she had us in Sunday School, but I do not remember it.  As I aged and went through stuff saved for me... I have a bible. It was presented to me by an Olive Hackman of the Aldine Sunday School.  Maybe some day I will meet her. But seeds had to have been planted and my life touched by someone.
  Then we came to Hammond from Rocherster, and I was baptized into the Russian Orthodox church. It was an amazing place, that brought a little girl in touch with the beauty/awe/ and power of God. There was amazing art work all through the church. And I still have a special love for their haunting, touching, acappella music.
  God gave me at that time, a best friend, her name was Bonnie. Her family were all from the south. "My she talked funny!" But... she befriended this scared little country girl in the big city of Hammond! So did her Christian mama! What a woman! 
  Time passes and I meet a young man, marry, and am set into his family! What a happy, loving, fun group, loaded with Christians!! Cousins are close... family is close.  No they were not all perfect like those TV families, but in the important things of life, their examples were/are stupendous! We learned lots together and I am still being *touched* by those that have  *touched* my heart and life, in the most unusual ways.  
  As for becoming a Christian, that is another story, but the people God set in my life here at First Baptist Church.. Griffith.. WELL!! He does amazing things!! I am not who I was in the beginning, nor am I yet what He desires me to be... but I sure am enjoying the trip with all of you... Our lives truly are like ripples in the water... going out further & further... touching more and more.. and that's a good thing.
    Whether it is a hug, an encouraging word, or just spending time with someone, who knows what the good Lord will do with that in someones life.  Yes there are even those that will confront us lovingly, on some issues or habits, and they are most needed too. Those "you ought not to do that, or be thinking like that." & There are those that will tell you, "Yes you can do that!  Just give it a try." And you find a new part to yourself & your giftedness. You even move out past the safe walls of a church building, out into the real mission field. WHO ME? YEAH!
   Bill & Jo, full of love & joy and kindness, and mischevious fun!  So blessed with them in my life and all my "Futrell Fixes" that have lifted me up.
    THANK YOU LORD for all those that you maneuvered by my way, and thank you folks for your part in my maturing & growth.
   Yes!! Even in the sad times there are good things to find also!.... Till next time...
     
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment