Sunday, December 15, 2013

Memorials... Funerals.... Losses

We are born into this world and in the process of dying from then on, I do believe... We are not promised tomorrow as I've learned, nor longevity of life.
   This I learned when my mother passed at age 31, dad at 65, and brother at 63. AND of all things I am still here. WHY? Who knows, but God. THIS I DO KNOW... and try to practice. Never put off till tomorrow doing or saying what you should *today.*
   God deals in *today* ~ *this day* he deals in the *now*!
    So this day I shall...................... you fill in the blanks... Tell someone you love them, spend quality time with someone, learn about someones life, the ups & downs, mend a broken relationship, share what you can share N O W.  "Tomorrow" may be to late, and who wants a life of regrets??  I never did.
  I have tried to do all those things in my latter years. Especially after the death of my brother. I wondered how I could *Honor* his memory and life. And I began to be more fervent about the *Do it NOW!* things. Since I had done that with him, when he passed I had no regrets, just some lonesome missing times. And in the process of attempting to honor his memory and make him proud, the Lord led me many directions and a peace began to reign in my heart.. "I have yet, much to do" and in so doing honoring his memory and giving all the glory to God the Father for his much help. 
   When we are a child a God, He has a C A L L on our lives. In fact many calls... and that came to mind after my brothers call to go home.
   We may or may not hear the calls, but the calls are still there. Some we will hear and obey no matter what.
   There is the call to Salvation...
A Call to Service... and definitely a Call to Come home for his Children.
    We never know when that ring of the Father's voice will come, but come it will. For some it is sooner than later.  We just need to be prepared and ready!
   I have seen many in the prepared & ready phase and I have seen some not.
The former is the best stage... Living life, loving God, loving people and serving all.
   I can think of many that have gone recently and in years past, that left such marks on my heart and life that helped me to love life more, and be to be busy living it God's way.
  What joy in that, and comfort, and challenge too. But we have sung a song with this verse in it, and I too want that to be a part of my life... It says... "May those who come behind us.. Find us Faithful.."
   Many have been Faithful in many area's and I too, want to emulate them, because of their faithfulness in good times and in bad times. FAITHFUL.. To their Lord, His church, to their families... friends, neighbors, and the list could go on ...
         In Memory of those .... I SHALL Serve and attempt great things in small ways.
      God Bless!  Till next time.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment