Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I AM OLD SCHOOL..... and Pet Peeves..

   And bless my soul the older I get, the more old schooler I get, if there is such a word. AND if not, there is now! lol
  I celebrate ONE holiday at a time and soak that up...
  I am not into, nor have I ever been into, the shop shop shop for any & every *holiday date* on the calendar..
  Some I think ought to be ignored and especially by Christians, but that is another story. ;-)
  I am not into ALL the new fangled stuff. I do love and use my computer. It is my way of contact with a lot of friends & family that would never call or etc. And it is my place to *write* down my thoughts, sort of like my diary or journal. And I have the ministry of Prayer Requests that the Lord so graciously moved me into. What a blessing.  
   But, I do not text, nor take short cuts with words. My phone is a phone. I have tried sending a text about 3 times, but that's it.
    I'd rather hear a voice and the inflections. I think that is important. Also important is spelling.. and short cuts are a bummer for me. I am not good at puzzles and figuring out code! haha And how many descriptive words there are to use... Love learning new words.
   I still like to hand write a short note or letter sometimes. Odd I know... but more personal, and I have saved letters, cards with dear family members handwriting/signatures. Do you have anybodies?
   I have taped conversations and can still listen to my Mother-in-law, My dad and a few other people...(grand kids) Yeah I am dangerous with the tape player.. lol  Wish I had done more. Oh to hear those voices again!
   Since I do NOT have a new fangled phone you can be sure to have my UNdivided attention when we are together. I personally feel that it is soooo rude to be texting away while you are with someone. Or checking a Facebook post, etc.  99.9% of the time there is nothing earth shattering going on that could not have waited. Right? Be honest now... Also I will never be distracted driving either... taking chances that "I am better at it than others are."  Really? You are deceived I think.
I tend to think, My life and your life are more important to me that calling/texting. I am sure there too, It can wait a moment till I can pull over and *concentrate.*  lol (I'll call ya back) 

   And then I think IF they can't concentrate on us, how does anyone put the stuff down and pray.. OR how do they really worship? Are we intent on listening to the word from our Lord through our Pastor's proclamation, or the Songs we sing...? Do we have uninterrupted time with the Lord much?
 I wonder is my heavenly Father as Old School as me... does He prefer that I shut out all else and concentrate on Him,  or am I really all Scrooge?  Much to think about I am sure... What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment