Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Wonderings... (Easter too)

 I have *wondered* for sometime now and have sort of been afraid to put it into words.... But today I shall, and hope that I  don't offend anyone,  maybe you'll even give feedback...

  Christmas is the celebration of Christ's coming to Earth. He was on a mission with great purpose!
        The wise men gave him gifts.
  Now here is where the rub begins... for me.
I cannot find anywhere in scripture that says we are to go so wild/whole hog and commercial in the day of celebration or of giving gifts to each other. Have I just missed it???


I am grateful that He came as foretold, and why he came, and that he accomplished all that he did for us!! But that takes me to Easter does it not? To Celebrate the Victory at the Cross has got to be more I would think!

  IF we desire to give gifts, give them to Jesus and not ourselves and each other... Give them to those that really need help, help for the situations they are in, and help to be touched by Jesus thru people... "In as much as you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto me."
I don't think that any of us need one more *thing.* We are overloaded with stuff, aren't we? Be Honest..


We have bought into the commercialism and gripe, gripe, gripe, about it.. We are running around to get gifts galore and sometimes not even sure what to get, but "I must get something!"  Sheesh! We are off to this party or that party, and there is not much of Jesus in any of it... Just silly gifts, frivolity, food, food, food, and maybe even some drinking.. Wahoo! (Not!)
We *must* buy for the *ALL* the family, the mailman, the co-workers, the friends & more & more & more...
   We buy Christmas Cards, cause we must send them and a lot of them have Santa in there, and we just sign our names.. hmmm
Then we buy stamps to send them... and we get bent out of shape about the stamp designs... I can understand that, but...  
My oh my... a little more in debt we go... hmmm I don't think that is ok in Scripture either... :-)

My man is a giver... and since we are never sure of the needs, he has given monetary gifts when he can... and even that seems a bit cold... but I understand it.. "Gotta do something!" lol

I just wish the Christian World would take the bull by the horns, & reverse more of the extravagance at Christmas... and Put some into the celebration/Appreciation of the Extravagant Love & cost of The Cross & Victorious Resurrection....
THAT is our real ultimate Gift to us, and our Victory!
He came... to go to the cross....
We are grateful He came! but
He did not stay *baby Jesus*...
His coming led him to the Cross... For us! For all the world.

     Well what do you think? Have I blown your mind? Sometimes when my mind gets to Meandering... ya never know where it will go... but this has been on my mind for years now!
What do you think? OR have you ever thought of it?
Just wondering...


No comments:

Post a Comment