Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Friends, Prayer, Meeting with God...

I believe that to be sooo true... it is so much easier to put my thoughts down at the computer than slate or paper. Don't you agree?
   Well since Monday I have had some things wandering around in my head.
   We visited at the lovely home of some dear people. Friends of my husband since his high school *daze.*   lol
   I knew she believes in God, and she me, tho I did not realize just how her faith went.
 
  I know we have been asked in the bible to meet with our Savior and Lord thru prayer as often as possible... to have a place to draw away from the hustle & bustle of this world to meet with him.
   Preachers teach & preach that. And I dare say that a lot of people have a *set aside* place and time.
   I have been remiss of late in doing that. I have been on the run or hit and miss, and that is not a good thing.
   Now my Catholic friend *thinks* it was her idea to invite everyone over to their place on Monday, but Christians *know* that God engineers everything, doesn't he?
   Well on Tuesday I had my Crochet lady friends over and after my devotional reading, one lady said she missed getting on her knees in church and seeing more at the altar or bowing on knees some.. 
 And I thought of Monday...
    I was invited to visit and see the tiny little chapel room my friend has in her home.
   Yes! in her recently built new home.. A place she has set aside to meet with her Lord every day! And no doubt on some days, more than once.
    As I walked in to it, it brought back memories of my upbringing in the Russian Orthodox church seeing the kneeling bench.
The bench was in front a tiny window, with a beautiful view & flowers outside it, too. There was a chair there, Bible, some crosses & pictures, but most of all I felt it was a serene, quiet, and sort of holy, purposeful, set aside date with God place. Sort of indescribable is it all.
   A feeling I haven't felt since the last time I entered the sanctuary at the old Orthodox church.
   Our friend even read an email from another friend of the class, and about answering God's call. You Must answer God's call, no matter what!  Maybe a bit of preaching to us there? No matter, we can all us a bit more of it, at times can't we.. but we must answer His call be it  to salvation, baptism, service, missions, or just to *meet* with him each day at a special time/place.  
Tho... who really was talking that day?, we also say we are His hands, feet, arms, mouth....(another thing mentioned at that crochet group the next day.) Coincidence?  I think not... Agree?  
    YES this week has given me pause to think, meditate, ponder, repent of a few things, and make some changes..
    God Bless ya, Tillie, Claudia, Janis, Marlene, Donna, for being in my life and touching me.
     God is still on the throne, and still in charge, and speaking if we but *listen* with our hearts.
     From the *Meandering Mind of Mary*
she says smiling... :-)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment