Friday, November 1, 2013

Do You Ever Wonder?? I do...

Well Halloween is over... Hooray!!
My least favorite *holiday* of all. Always has been, not sure exactly why, but at this stage of life I can surely say, it always will be. lol


Then comes Thanksgiving! And I like that one, Then Christmas, and In MY day... we never played, or stores never played, Christmas songs till AFTER Thanksgiving, And it used to be that the stores did not put out Christmas stuff till then either. Now it was out before Halloween!
Give me a break!!
   For me the Commercialism of the Holidays have sort of put a damper on them.
   How about you?
Of course if you are very young you don't know any difference.

  
   This buy buy buy stuff is a bummer to me too. Especially these days... My goodness, I think most people I know have more *stuff* than we really need. So why buy more? I dunno! And let's be sure and run up our debt buying for lots & lots of people. I mean there is my family, your family, my friends, your friends, work party, etc. etc. etc.
    I must be related to scrooge, ya think?

But on the other hand there is common sense about a lot of stuff, and this need, want, or being entitled to... sure needs some serious thought I'm thinking. What are we teaching or have we bought into, and just can't say no to?
Hmmmmmm
  
   I like Christmas, and appreciate the coming of the Lord. Without His coming there would be no salvation for anyone.
But I don't see where there is anywhere in the Bible even a suggestion that we have such lavish presentations, and all... about his coming like America has these days.
I do feel that we have gone overboard on Christmas and lessened Easter, the culmination of his coming and the Victory for us all!!!! And we've let the world turn it more & more, into being about the Easter Bunny and such.
hmmmm
    Yes, I have problems with *holidays*.. it started a long time back for various reasons, but I think some of my thinking is valid.

I'd rather have your company, a good meal, getting acquainted, and keeping our eyes on the Reason for the Seasons. Jesus &
His coming, His sacrifice, His Victory,
Our Salvation.

(& concern for those that don't know our Jesus.)
       What do you think?
          
  

No comments:

Post a Comment