Good Morning friend..
Here's hoping your day began well & ends well.
Someone said a word about how they were looking forward to the next few days going by to get to go to something.. Ya know it's the weekend, right?
Well that got me to thinking... and I just wanted to share what it brought to mind..
I heard a story, long time ago on Moody Radio about some travelers visiting Israel. They were on a bus and fascinated by the locals and their enthusiasm about what town they would be in when the Sabbath came, and where they would be worshiping. EXCITED about where they would be for worship.
Then I thought, how about me? What do I look forward to on the weekend? hmmmm Do I need to "renew" my thinking about the Lord's day?
A day of rest set aside for Him.. Do I rest in Him?
Am I so in love with the Lord, and sooo excited to meet with my eternal family worshiping OUR Father as he has asked us too?
Is the only thing that keeps me from that is illness? work? divine appointments, OR is it the 'fun' of the world and what "they" say I should be about & doing? After all it is the weekend & I should be having some fun, doing what I want to. I still have not figured out who "they" is... and I doubt "they" have my spiritual growth and eternal destiny in mind. Checklist possibilities....
Do I purpose in my heart to be with the church faithfully on Sunday at least.. "tho none go with me I still will follow."
Do I look forward with excitement & anticipation to being there?
Do I look forward to being in Bible study, listening, & sharing, and loving the little group I am in?
Do I desire to hear from Father God thru his servants here? The Pastor? The musicians? A Teacher? or just some other King's kid? My goodness if He could use a donkey to speak to someone, surely He can speak to me thru any one of these or others, if.. I am teachable. What do you think?
It is only Thursday and I am already looking forward to JOINING IN and participating in ALL that is offered. Bible study, singing with others (making a joyful 'noise' unto the Lord) praising my Lord, listening to my pastor with my heart, not just my ears, cause you know it can just go in one ear & out the other.... can't wait to get my hugs (give one, get one) and the "how are ya's" are great also.
Then to look around and see "who's missing?" Will have to make a call and check on that... after all we are creatures of habit aren't we.. and by now I know where everyone has chosen to sit. Don't you? :-) I can't get to them all & might miss some, but I can do, what I can do... AND the brothers & sisters can do what they can do and the "family" get lots of ministry done. Right?
YUP! Come on Sunday! No better place do I desire to be. I am already wondering what the Lord will say to me, AND.. "by what means?"
Will He say, "Ya did good?" OR "you better let Me work on that?" OR "you are on the right path!" Or "awww you could have done better." OR "I love hearing your praises!" etc.etc.
Yes the Holy Spirit still speaks to us, directing us to Jesus and His will for our lives... If we will but listen, for ourselves, and not anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment