Bud & Becky took some things down to Kokomo for Rachel. Rocker.. Baby coming soon, and twin bed for Becky to camp out on when she goes down there.
Sunday.. I went to Bible Study & Worship and it was a fine morning. A little down in numbers with sooo many battling tough illnesses, and or other health issues, and a few are out of town. But the warmth & hugs ever abounded all over.
Thought I was going to have to "count" after church, and hurry to get it done. It was the day of my high school chums meeting out.
But it was also the dinner after church for our Builders for Christ group. (A Fundraiser, done every so often) Our "Builders for Christ" head around the country helping build or add on to churches and doing work for church members here at times too. We got help from them a 'Builders Group' to build our new sanctuary.. some years back.. with the stipulation we "return the help to others." Been going strong ever since. WHAT a GROUP!! They give up part or all of their vacations to go every year. Men/Women/Teens..
Anyway my counting buddy wanted to head to the meal.. so we put off counting till this morning. GOOD Idea! I went home to eat G.F. and then head out no rush.
I got to the "Tech Girls" gathering, for a change, & early ta boot! got choice spot at the table too. lol Like that! haha I still say Tech "girls." yes in my mind I am just out of high school and my body says.. "WHO do you think you are kidding??" but do love getting together with them.. wish we could include more.. oh well!
Then I made it to the wake for the father of a lady friend from church.. we have been going to sooooo many lately. Either church family or other family/or friend.
Not a fun thing but definitely a part of life.. we come into this world and we go out of this world.
(Sat. we had a memorial service for sister-in-laws sister.)
It is something when we have that "Blessed Assurance" that we have a home in heaven with Jesus awaiting us.. and all those others that have that and have gone before us will be "waiting" for us. Reunion in the Sky, in the sweet by & by... Looking forward to that...
Anyway then I came home and crashed till Bud got home with the report and all the news from Rachel's.
Today has been Bud's high school class gathering. They meet once a month.. a nice bunch.. sometimes I go too, but not today. He just called and said 19 showed, and the poor lady couldn't handle it.. they JUST got out of there.
(Patience, is not his best suit) haha
Well I'm off now to figure out something for MY supper.. hmm don't need much... and the beautiful warm sunny morning turned into clouds & rain.. and from what the weather man says.. some crummier weather coming. Need to get some more bird food out and some more in here from the garage... my we stay busy busy and don't hold down jobs anymore.. haha or is it that we are 'slower?'
Hope it is a good day where ever you are ...
Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment