Tuesday, November 13, 2012

After The Election ~

Well it has been an interesting time since the election. All I can say about that is that I am afraid we are all in for a rough road ahead..

I see us losing money each day in the stock market and that is all we have to live on, our investments..
Things that are coming to a head don't seem good to me. "WHY" oh why can't we make choices based on what's good for everyone (majority) whether they like it or not.. but it seems as tho common sense died!! And selfishness has really raised it's ugly head.  I am really wondering what God has in plan for us.. we may like that even less, but we that "know" Him, know the 'final outcome.'

So I have been moving along since the election, purposing to be more faithful than ever in praying for those in leadership positions, and our Nation as a whole.

And along the way I am enjoying life with my family, my church family and people in general. In the end they are your best supporters, and encouragers, and causes for Joy!
    Today was a day to help plan a gathering to honor one sweet lady in our church. She has been our secretary for 35 years!! A faithful friend, confidant, and uplifting person. Yup!     This is going to be a fun evening to say the least. AND... after that meeting, I met with the Crochet Ladies! Tuesday is our day!  My what fun and laughter! They are good for my spirits! And they can teach an old dog new tricks!! They are good! Got me even knitting a bit. haha  We also had another young lady pop in and visit.. that was a refreshing time of getting 'better' acquainted.  Maybe she will come again.. hope so. There is never the same group, some never miss, others might have a family thing to interrupt, others might have to work that day, doctors appt.'s, or vacations, whatever... and the surprise of who shows is part of the fun too.  
    There was sunshine today and that helps in the attitude so much. Doesn't it for you too??
I am having a harder time this year adjusting to the time change and it getting dark so soon. I wish we would STAY on daylight savings time.  What about you? Or is that an old ladies dream? haha

Bud & I are looking forward to 3 new Great-grand babies coming in the spring. Rachel is having her 1st baby, a girl. Can't wait to see her this Thanksgiving and her little pooch! Then our Jessica that already has 2 beautiful girls is having TWINS!! and to top it off.. it is 2 boys!! Couldn't get any gooder!  Love all the names they have picked also...  yes Life is good, even with its sometimes down times.. but is that really not all of life? Up & Down?  God never promised us a life of 'easy' or a 'bed of roses.' I know.. I've read his Manual For Living Book, the Bible, and I just can't seem to find those words. (I gave up looking.. lol) But He does promise to see us through everything till he takes us home... Praise the Lord!
     Hope you have a great week...


No comments:

Post a Comment