Hello out there...
Well it is now, and has been for awhile, the frustrating time of political overkill, with no real substance in any speech or debate. Well not much, that is for sure.. and we have preferences, in the news media that is obvious again with most of them! I sure wish they would hush, and quit trying to sway people and not letting them think.. they do it every election. I know 'what I heard' and are they God that they 'know what he/she meant?' lol sooo stupidly funny it is sad! I think the saddest thing is taking things out of context and only giving us short sound bites and portraying that as gospel truth. DUH!!
And there are some even sadder things going on that I won't even get into.
BUT all that said... As Christians, living in land begun by Christians, we have a civic duty to be involved in our land. We should be paying attention, we should be registered to vote... and VOTE!! We have a constitution to uphold and land to take care of.
And first and foremost should be praying for our leaders & our land. Whether they were our choice or not... praying before they get in, and then once they are in office, be it National, or Local. That's our duty according to the book.
Cause when all is said and done, either we truly believe God is in control or we don't. He puts kings & rulers & such in authority. Now He may or may not give us what we desire... but you can be sure "his will" will be done. We'll be pleased OR have lessons to learn the hard way.
But we are to do our part too!
2 Chronicles 7:14 a tough one to follow in all of it. Right?
I just feel that in choosing where to cast my vote I'd better not be going on emotion, feelings, likes/dislikes/or solid party line.
As a Christian I feel responsible that I should be choosing a person with obvious 'Biblical' values. What is the evidence of their lives.. not just what they profess. Longstanding evidence? Then does their 'program', 'choice' lead to it following "the Book" as close as is possible, regardless?
No I don't want someone pushing a certain "Faith/Religion" but I do want Biblical principles/precepts to shine thru.
When all is said and done, I believe God will only look at my standing for His truth, and trying to make the best choice on that.
In some area's I do believe the devil has hoodwinked a lot of us in our thinking, on various issues, just like in the garden. It all begins in the mind. He hits our desires, emotions, wants, etc... most generally.
And I for sure know that most common sense has died! Just saying...
End thought... sift the person/ideology thru the Bible, and what God says, not our desires or what we want, or think will be good for us... "WHAT does the Book say?" It might be a little tougher but it will surely be the right thing.
Just one woman's thought on "Elections."
What say you?
No comments:
Post a Comment