Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Food For Thought"

 
Found in my stash from the "Griffith Good News" newspaper at First Baptist Church, Griffith
its old and yellowed but holds true today too..
 
You Mean .. "Every Sunday??"
Yes, we mean every Sunday!  Why Not?
If you are a member of a bowling team,
you are expected to be there every week.
If you belong to a club,
you are expected at every meeting.
If you have a job,
and it gets along toward starting time --
you better punch in.
If you are going to school,
you attend or miss something important.
 
All of us make many kinds of commitments --
to ourselves and
 to others for
regular meetings and affairs.
Is it any different when we consider
our commitment to
Christ and his church?
A pew occupied by you on Sunday morning
says something to others.
An empty pew, empty class chair,
speaks just as eloquently!
 
(remember this one Pastor Harris?)
I have found that I kept meaningful stuff to me,
for sure...
I also learned that on Sunday I was seldom "Providentially Hindered" a lot from coming  :-)
There has been sickness, or hospital times Or
Death of a loved one, but ----
AND those Sunday times of Worship & Fellowship
have truely been the lifeline of Growth or Ministry,
 plus strength & wisdom for the coming week.
Thank you Thurmon!!
My Pastor's have been the best!!!
My H's
Harris, Heard, Hobbs, 
directing us to Heaven!!! &
Living Better our Daily Lives.......
 
In Love, from a "Kings Kid"

No comments:

Post a Comment