Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Commercial" Thoughts Today

Several thoughts have been running thru "me widdle mind" today...
Someone posted some stuff on Facebook that was quite interesting and challenging... and then the statement came to me again... we are "Commercials" for God.

Bud has the TV on a lot during the day during his recuperation. And there are lots of 'commercials' on constantly!! (somebody had to pay the bills.)

Anyway...
Think about it. What KIND OF COMMERCIALS are we?

We "claim" to know Jesus, to love Jesus, to have Jesus in our hearts, to be led by the Holy Spirit, and to care about people.
So,  therefore... when, the commercials of our lives flash before someones eyes, or the sound of us hits their ears, or we come in contact with them, or someone else speaks of us.. WHAT are they immediately impressed with/or by?
Am I salt? Am I light? Am I food? Am I help? Am I comfort? Am I peace? Am I love? Am I kindness? etc..

There are some commercials that I see that I am lost! Be it a real commercial trying to "sell" me on something, or a TV show, or some music, & I do not understand them at all. Others that promote stuff that is not good for me in this life and surely won't get me into the next life safely, or make my heavenly Father proud of me if I partake in that... There are some commercials I've seen lately that are confusing me.

Will I be a help to someone finally getting to know Jesus?
For a life to be changed? To be improved? To be more than they ever thought? To find comfort, in time of need? AND on the list could go...
When they LOOK AT CHRISTIANS, LISTEN TO CHRISTIANS TALK, WATCH WHERE A CHRISTIAN GOES, Or HOW THE CHRISTIAN RESPONDS TO PEOPLE or SITUATIONS.....
Are my signals coming thru clear & bright?Am I any different than the world? Am I/ do we have something, that makes them want what we say we have?   

   Are we really not enough different from the world and it's ways, that no one sees anything desirably different, OR do they secretly laugh at what I/we have to say about the Lord and our walk with Him. hmmmm Maybe they are up front in their mocking of the Lord.
  Am I/are we fully committed, sold out, Bible believing, Christ followers, that draw people to HIM and make them desire HIM?
    In 30 words or less... what will the commercial of my life be, or say to someone in my words, attitudes, walk, chatter, dress, responses.
  Will I portray a child of the King, holy, pure, giving & lovingly being kind to those around me?
  Will I salt them enough to make them desire to 'taste & see that the Lord is good?' And want to drink from His well of salvation & change?
AS we are being/going... at home, in the neighborhood, in our families, at work, in school,

No comments:

Post a Comment