Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thinking about God..

Yes, Thinking about God... and my mind is really meandering today...
Soooo many thoughts wandering around in there.. the good news of more new babies coming into the family, desiring to be a part of their lives. Having time with them and sharing... 'is that in God's Plan for us?' I wonder how much longer we have here.

I have been blessed, challenged, convicted in our Bible study on "What Does It Mean to Follow Jesus." (really? what does it mean? entail, require? etc.etc.)

Pastor has put out another few challenges to us too.

Then as I wind this all up together as I think about God our Father... to the Christian... I can see tears in His eyes about His children and the lives we lead sometimes... Who we kidding, surely not Him! 
I AM a Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother and I know about a few tears and sadness amidst all the "good" stuff. But we never cease to desire more, expect more, hope for more. I KNOW God does from me and why wouldn't he the whole family? I do!  Be it earthly or eternal.. :-)
   Today was Sunday, The Lord's day. A day set aside by God with the express purpose of 'meeting' with Abba Father.."Dad" to Worship Him, to Learn of Him, from Him, to minister to one another, to rest and set our hearts on Him... etc.etc. 
   Where were all the kids????????????  and can you see Him crying? I can, well maybe not literally crying, but I'll bet his heart is grieved. He feels you know.
   He is a jealous God, not wanting anything, anyone, to come before our relationship with Him/or obedience to Him.. hmm 

    Every Sunday, I believe and feel that it's like going home, to gather with eternal family, to be well fed, thru study, in music, and a word from the Lord thru His chosen leader, or just the brothers & sisters.  All of which gives added strength to what we have chosen to eat for ourselves during the week.
All this for the journey of next week. Who knows where "Dad" will be calling us to go, to do, or to experience... What joy to share in the experience of God's Love, and what a good thing to get to the Filling Station for next week... I get added insight from sooo many of the others there that I can't get alone at home. They've had experiences I haven't had & vice versa. 
    Does it hurt your heart like his? When people are missing, or have chosen to leave and wander in the wilderness of busyness? or Things? or just doing what I feel like? Just what is of eternal value?  
    I "KNOW" everyone needs a time away.. even the Lord drew away from the crowds for a bit, but not constantly.
   What has drawn us away from the one person we need most and His Bride?
    I am hurt and even angered, when it doesn't seem as tho those I love can't seem to find time to 'visit, call, associate' with us. How about you...
   The church keeps reaching out, we keep attempting to draw them in, we hope their choice for eternity will be the best one, the right one, the only good one. Jesus for salvation and becoming a true disciple of his..
   As the Lord was with many a church today...
I pray He was pleased, and blessed with what He saw, heard, experienced at F.B.C. Griffith.... and as any good Father, I am sure He is encouraging us to move out into the water a little bit deeper, as we are in fellowship with Him and as we are about the things that concern him most.

 God Bless.... and remember... 2nd Chronicles 7:14 
and Matthew 22:34-40 & when we get the first one here just right, the second one just falls into place. 
To me, it seems like the shortened/simplified  version of the 10 Commandments... :-) 
Till Next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment