Mallory sang this song recently.. "Sanctuary" it was a real dandy! She did so well! The arrangement was wonderful and so worshipful.
I can't seem to get the words out of my head.. I went to the church website to hear it again...
And Pastor has mentioned in several services of late after we have sung some song or another.. to be careful what we sing. (how true that is)
But back to "Sanctuary" it has really gotten my "Meandering Mind" to meandering!! lol
I think of churches during World War 2 being 'sanctuary' for people, a place of refuge & protection. And in the song we ask the Lord to make us a "living" sanctuary. I went to my trusty exceptionally large dictionary, got even more to think about.
Do you ever think of things like this? Does the Lord impress you with such things? I sure hope so. And if so, that you follow thru on it.
Sanctuary ~ a holy place, a building set aside for worship, a place of refuge or protection or asylum, shelter.
So as I think of asking the Lord to make me a sanctuary... hmmm
Song says... make "me" a sanctuary, Pure, Holy, Tried, True, while being thankful.. a living sanctuary for Him. ("Make" Surrendered to His work in my life.) He died for us, knows our weakness, will lift us up, and He LIVES inside us! Once I repented of my sin, trusted Jesus' finished work on the cross for me and became a child of His.... His Holy Spirit now resides in me. I 'know' that... but I wonder what kind of Sanctuary I have allowed Him to make of me for himself OR anyone else. hmmmm
Years ago I asked a young teenage fella, no not my son... "Other than the girls at that house what is the draw there that you want to be there all the time?" haha His answer, one word... Comfortable! What a testimony to that family. Add that to the definition above in the song or dictionary, as I do a self-examination, what do I come up with. I'm asking.....
What kind of "Sanctuary" is Jesus residing in, in me?
In me physically? In my thoughts? Attitudes? In my Heart? Pure? Holy? Tried? True? with thanksgiving?
What kind of "Sanctuary" have we set aside at this building called First Baptist Griffith?
What kind of "Sanctuary" are our homes?
What kind of "Sanctuary" are our Sunday School classes?
Are we Pure? Holy? Tried? True? True to Him/His Word? Thankful? Worshiping Him where 'ere we may be and with the family of God? A place of comfort, acceptance, refuge, protection? shelter?
Do people feel 'safe' with me? with us?
Are we the kind of person soooo in love with the Lord and grateful, that we desire all to have His salvation, to Know Him.. and as a dear friend said... Are we such an appealing 'commercial' for Jesus that people desire him, just by seeing us, knowing us, and him emanating from us...
Yes Pastor... I'm thinking about the words I sing.. the words I say, the life I portray, the responses I make.
I want the Holy Spirit to be "comfortable" in me and the things I think on, say, do, ways I react to people & situations to be ALL Him....
Have a great day people!!
Be a "living sanctuary" for our Lord and the world..
thank you for this Mary,
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome, but who is this unknown person commenting? you didn't sign your name.
Delete