Yes I am in the dangerous realm of thinking, again! lol
Pastor had a message about discouragement & getting out of that, and yes I get there at times too.
I have thought, "me?" "am I really of any use?" Are there people seeking me out for love and friendship? Do I make a real eternal difference in any ones life? Am I where God wants me? And the questions could go on and on and on....
Then I remember a couple of things and say to myself... (yes I talk to myself) Mary old gal... get it together... ONLY the Devil deals in questions, especially those causing doubt, discouragement, diversion, defeat, or delay.
Satan's Plan...
Doubt.. makes us question God's Word and His goodness.
Discouragement.. makes us look at our problems rather than at God.
Diversion.. makes wrong things seem attractive so we will want them more than right things.
Defeat.. makes us feel like a failure ~ so we won't even try now.
Delay.. makes us put off something so it never gets done.
So we need to check, "who" are we listening to?
God makes simple, yet profound, statements to us all day long if we will read His Word and believe!
He desires 'divine appointments' with us.
He says...
I sooo love this world and all I created and that includes you.
I desire that everyone has a real relationship with me & loves me, including you..
I have provided the way of forgiveness & salvation.
I love you beyond measure..
I have loved you with an everlasting love..
I have a plan for your life,
I will see you through every thing,
I will provide all that you need,
I have given you the manual for living all of life, and not left you wondering, some call it the Bible.
I have given you gifts, talents and abilities, for use in My kingdoms work,
I have set you in this place for such a time as this,
Just trust Me, Try Me,
Step out a little bit deeper, I'll be there.
I'm providing a home in heaven for you when this life is over that "you'll just have to see to believe!"
And on I could go, but you get the idea don't you?
Each day as we rise, ask "What are you and I going to be about doing today Lord?"
What large or small "divine appointments" do you have for us to keep? I'll keep peddling Lord, you keep steering.
God Bless and have a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment