Monday, August 6, 2012

In the "Little Things"

I am not sure where to post this rambling, here or at the other Blog, but I'm thinking here is a good idea! lol You know... the "meandering" mind.

But I just have another sense of the Lord being more in the "little things." 
Today was my day to get my injection IN my eye.. yes I said IN my eye. It is to help control the 'wet' macular degeneration I have.
AS we age it seems that more and more time is spent in 'some' Dr.'s office for this or that.  Not a fun thought but grateful to the Lord that he's provided all sorts of help for us. Be it just help for the things of life or the stupid things we do to our precious bodies when we "think" we are invincible.
Anyway... back to the little things.
Years ago he gave me a friend who showed me how to crochet. A simple thing really.
Thru the years I have made doilies, afghans, scarves, and given all away except a few afghans. Then another friend started a crochet group.. why not Marlene, sure I'll come... and another friend JoAnn showed me how to make dishrags and hot pads. And from there on it has been a real fun thing to crochet again.
      Well the dishrags have been the "biggest" little thing ever in my life... such a simple thing. AND what FUN the Lord has provided... OH the stories I could tell of my crochet times here and there.
Sometimes they have become a door opener in an otherwise very quiet or tense waiting room. Be it Dr. office, or hospital.  Amazing!

Sometimes there are laughs galore as I try to make people guess what I am doing.
It has become the gauge also of how long I have been kept waiting by my doctor..hahaha (I can finish one in 1/2 hour to 45 min. depending on the interruptions I have)
   Bud wonders IF I am trying to flood the world with them, as I give more away than sell...

   But the look on peoples faces is priceless when they receive an unexpected simple thing like a dishrag! From people in the waiting room, to Dr.'s, to nurses..
   What JOY!
Today has been a day of Loving GOD, Loving People, Loving More... for it is in the giving that we receive... 
    Thank you Lord for the "little things."  A Creative God, who tries to create thru us too.
    There were chuckles and laughs and joy felt in the many rooms of the Eye Doctors office today...
   Silly? Who Cares? My heart is full, my spirits are high, and I also noticed one lady reading Dr. Charles Stanley's IN TOUCH Magazine... I KNEW we were 'sisters' immediately...and we were... so  more Joy!
   Yesireee! God is as much in the "little things" as the big things! See if you can find more of Him in your day...
                'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment