Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sifting... Sanding....

Hello there Mr. Blog...
I am sooo grateful for you and being able to share my thoughts and truly let my 'mind meander.'  It seems to help me get to where Jesus wants me to be on a subject...
   God is truly AMAZING! Amazing in how He maneuvers things and works things in our lives!  How many months ago was our weekly Sunday School material devised and printed? Who, but God, would lead Nichole to chose the Bible Study for our L.I.G.H.T. group that she did. (and I'll bet she thought she chose it.) haha nah I think she knows better.

   Sunday School quarter in the "Life Values" material for June "Apathy~Who Cares?"  "Living Beyond Yourself" and then "The Person God Uses"
   The L.I.G.H.T. ministry study...  "Faithful"  "Abundant"  "True"  going deeper still. These are by Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore.   Both of these study times & materials  have brought a new excitement to me! Thank you Lord!

Yes, Judgment does begin at the household of God.  A lot of us are not running away anymore from the 'sifting' and 'sanding' of our heavenly Father. "We are a changing!"
As much as we desire OUR children to be lovers of God & people & be good, kind, wise, productive etc. Our heavenly Father desires the same and more from His children, does he not?

Ever think about sifting? Picture yourself sifting flour... the lumps are removed and the flour is finer & more delicate than before..
Ever think of a sander? It too removes the bumps, blemishes, and the wood becomes smooth... more beautiful... etc. but not without some effort and as for us, some pain.
   I believe that each time we "choose" to Pray & talk to God he tells us things..are we listening? 
When we "choose" to be in Bible study with the family of God, he speaks there too.
When we 'choose' to come to church and listen to the Pastor, and the Music... God will speak there too, IF we will but listen for ourselves.

   Sometimes, God rebukes us.. sometimes He warns us.. sometimes He disciplines outright... sometimes He challenges... sometimes it is comfort or encouragement.. Sometimes this comes from God's Word, or from other Christians, and can even come to us from non-Christians... can you believe it? He is all knowing, all powerful, present everywhere... watching over His kids and parenting to the enth degree. He desires us to be holy, pure and set aside just for Him... to be not one wit like the world.

  To be one who listens to Him is my prayer... to hear and be useful in His hands to bless others and be the kind of child of God that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says... "OH Crap, she's up and moving again!"  Working hand in hand with the Holy Spirit I can live beyond myself. 
   Yes, I am glad I am a part of First Baptist Church of Griffith, In. I have love and accountability provided here. I get taught, and trained, and challenged. I have an abundance of family... What more could one ask for? While I am here it is enough... but to be prepared and ready to go home to Jesus is my utmost desire.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment