Ahh good Morning dear blog... My mind surely has been reeling..
Yesterday I was outside picking a few weeds, listening to the quiet, :-) and the pure sweet songs of all the birds... when out of no where comes a tirade of screaming and vulgarities! It sure knocked me for a loop, and it continued, then I noticed the neighbor teen on the porch...on her cell phone.. whew! And then she noticed me! "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she hollered over to me... and it was like she'd also said that a few times too. I said, "No you are not really, or you would not be saying those words at all." Now in retrospect... seems like everyone uses them any more. From wee ones to adults, Even Christians post abbreviations that everyone knows what they stand for... with a plethora of words to convey our feelings, why are people so limited?
I am saddened for the lack of respect or self worth people have for themselves. (let alone anyone else)
I am sad for those that claim to be Christian and are still tossing out the "appearance of evil" in places we habituate.. things we 'continue' to accept... stuff we say so easily.. things we "go along with"... and it is in no way is Biblical, like the women or men of God that I know from His word that He desires us to be...
We are in Bible Study, OR in Church and what spiritual growth has 'truly' happened..? Hmm I've heard it said, "To hit your finger with a hammer one good whack and what spews from the heart is the real you.."
But, for me it is more subtle than that... the world has crept into some of our thinking, and then into our lives and acceptance of stuff, and somehow 'we missed it.'
I think of the wee ones in our families and already we are 'talking' sexy. OH isn't that hot? Look how sexy! etc. etc. I'd rather them be ladies or gentlemen, and acting like ladies & gentlemen by the time they get to their teens... As adults, leaders in our families, are we thinking & dressing, or acting any different than the world?
I believe you get what you expect/accept more often than not.. We most assuredly "teach by example" too.
If you don't reach for the stars, you will never get off the ground... Come on! What is the first thing people think when they observe our conversation, conduct, character, contributions... are they drawn to the Lord?
WE may be the only Bible they read at first, "what" is it saying to them? Is our print smeared? Are we any different than the world? We are to be in the world... But NOT to be of it...what are we accepting, going along with?
Yes I am sad for the 'world' out there that has never been introduced to Jesus and to know His wonderful way.. and "real" love.. what am I conveying to them? sharing with them?
I weep for the Christian, that has chosen so little of the Lord and His way and seems comfortable in that, and says 'no Lord you are not going to change me or use me.' 'and Don't try to use another Christian to do your work in me either...'
Other than God's Word, Most times "people" are God's mouth, hands, feet, arms to those around them. You to me, Me to you, and Us to them... :-)
Our Character, Conversations, Conduct, Contributions, speak Volumes...
Is it worthy enough to draw Converts?
Or do we give mixed messages and confuse them or even push them away?
Jesus sees & knows... and someday when the day of accountability arrives... and it will..
I don't want to be ashamed.
No comments:
Post a Comment