Friday, February 3, 2012

MY Winter OR "The Meandering of my mind again.."

 February, 2nd... Hello again... and yes, ALL are precious in HIS sight...
   It has been several Sunday's since I have been to church. I'm taking care of my husband Bud after his back surgery. Now really it has only been 2 or is it 3 Sundays? Oh well.. it seems like forever!!  I miss the Fellowship, Howdys, Hugs, Preaching/Teaching, Music, Bible Study.
  If you are lax or have never been to church often... You are surely missing the blessings and love of God that He showers on us 'thru people.'  When we aren't there I think he is sad too, when his kids won't gather together to hear from God our Father, or just to Thank Him and Praise Him all 'Together.'   Ahhhhhh Well.
  I really have felt that the oddity of this winter was a gift "just for me" from Father God. Now I know the sun or rain or snow falls on more than just me.... and some have varied "likes/dislikes" about weather..  But I can assure you... This winter WAS MINE!!!! 
   We got just enough snow, for me to enjoy the snow I love.  Just enough in the day to see those beautiful flakes clearly, to be awed by God almighty and his creativity. Just enough to remember that He says in His Word that when I repent of my sin He shall wash me clean and "whiter than Snow." Just how white can that be??? And just enough snow for me to get to shovel a little bit... and it was light, so it wasn't a real chore. I know, I know.. I'm the crazy one. (But I love my snow) Then since Bud had back surgery and I must do the taking out of the garbage and recycling, walking down to the road to get the paper or the mail, we've had NO snow to interfere or cause me problems.. Since I must drive to the store on my own, and drive him to the Dr., again! no snow hampering me!... and being shut in as we say... I can feed and watch the birds a lot more, all "winter." (and chase the neighbors cat) Will all this weather hold?? Who knows but HIM... but I shall enjoy it while it is here. (And by the time you read this...who knows) haha
  Yes I am smiling and thankful for a "winter meant for me."   A little of this, a little of that.  Variety!! The spice of life.
  Plus I am thankful that we are a 21st Century Church and have a website that I can go to. I can hear Pastor's messages, and  I can replay!! No distractions, and you can feel his heart, as you listen to his voice, the heart of God coming thru his man.  I can hear the wonderful music of all our people. All that sure fills a gap for a little bit... but it is always better to be there.  Maybe, just Maybe THIS Sunday??
  How about you? What simple, seemingly silly thing might you have to Praise and Thank our Father for??? No matter what "seemingly" little thing it is, ALL comes from the Lord, and I'm sure of this, there is a smile on his face as we Praise & Thank him for his goodness to us... especially in the tougher times.
   Look up! Look out! Look around! Look ahead!    
Till next time.... Mary G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment