We have been running around and shopping and looking.
We have been at gatherings here and there and of course I have been "listening." I am a people watcher of old, and I am always "listening"... either to my inner thoughts, the Holy Spirit nudging me.. or just other people...
I am amazed at some of the things I hear from some people and other people I just expect what I get seeing as who they seem to be!
The people that I get what I expect from don't surprise me... but the other people do... and at this late stage in my life you would think I'd be accustomed to that! But.. nope I am not. I've been told I am naive....(simple, childlike, unsophisticated, not suspicious) and maybe I am at times.
I don't put on airs, I am simple and I not generally suspicious concerning your "testimony." I accept what you say/claim/profess.
People say, they Love you, they write it on cards or facebook too. What "evidence" could prove that?
People say I'm a Christian, but their walk doesn't match their talk very well. And some of the insinuations that come out of their mouths or impressions that are given or places that are frequented... hmmm???????
People say 'right on'! I agree with you on that, but no change.
People say... AMEN! yeah How true that is... we really need to do that... but....
More and more I am finding people speak with forked tongue, as the Indians would say. (and I have Cherokee in my background! lol)
It is a disappointment! It saddens me! and at times I am just down right hurt by it all! And if that is true of me, and I'm nobody important, I wonder just how my heavenly Father feels. He is forgiving and loving I know, but I am sure that He is also hurt many many times by the people He created. Me and you...
Don't we always sort of expect more from those we know and love, than from a stranger? Yet at times we get more from the stranger don't we?
Character is really who we are.. at all times..
Reputation is what one is thought to be, and our record is the total of our known actions or inactions.
As a rule, a person's record will substantially express his character;
his reputation may be higher OR lower than his character OR his record will justify.
Character is revealed by what I do in secret. (well, you might think it is done in secret, and you can fool some people... even yourself, But it will never be secret from Almighty God, nor can we fool Him.
Watch your thoughts... for they become your words. (is the Word of God filling our thoughts?)
Watch your words.... for they become your actions. (will my thoughts, words, lead me to the actions of Jesus?)
Watch your actions... they become your habits. (what do my habits say about me?)
Watch your habits... for they become your Character
Watch your Character for it becomes your destiny.
Our Walk talks and our Talk talks...
But our Walk talks louder than our Talk talks. :-)
I must remind myself of that daily...
do my Talk and Walk match up?
from the "Meandering Mind" of Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment