Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankfulness




I am so very grateful for sooo many things, How about you?? There are 2 songs that have meant a lot to me in my life... in the same vein. One is a fine old hymn, "Count your Blessings, Name them One by One... and see what God has done... the other is a song of the war years that an Aunt of mine loved.. "Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative and Don't mess with Mr. In-between" are several lines from both songs and with great messages.
   Some of my blessings I did NOT see till many years later and they came thru the doors of adversity and sadness. (As a lot seem to do) I guess when things are going "hunky dory" I may not get the message OR be changed.
    In Accenting the positive, I think that there too, I am counting blessings.  When I try not to dwell on the negatives I can see the blessings better! They might be small at times and be obscured by my negative thoughts, so I have to Look for them.. :-)
    And, of all things, today in our Sunday School lesson we were encouraged Not to Idolize the Past or dwell on the past in such a way as to keep us from living in the present. And to Harness our Tempers by not letting frustrations with other people to cause us to sin &/or disobey God, to be aware of things that frustrate me and to seek to honor God in those situations...
    I am sooo thankful for the God-fearing and God honoring people in my life, and the joy that comes from knowing the Lord, his word, and seeking to obey it to the best of our abilities... What Peace! What Joy! What Support, What help, What encouragement, and I can go on for hours.
    If I began at a young age in my life, I can now see soooo many workings of God here and there, and his leading and taking care of me. That AT the moment, I never saw.  AND in some of those times I have even yelled at him, because I couldn't see, and things were definitely NOT the way I would have planned OR not what I planned. BUT! God is a big God and can handle my cries of desperation, anguish, even frustration  and  anger... and still love me and make all things work together for 'my' good. (And even the good of others)
    So when things get difficult.... I continue to Trust Him, and ask what is the lesson to grasp here.
    He says, "Be still and know that I am God"

He is the God of life, love, present, future, and I cannot imagine being in the midst of a storm without Him, anymore than I can on sunny calm days...
Yes the Lord is everything for a child of his, My Savior, My Lord, My God, My Provider, My Comforter, and SOOO Much More... Yes Thank You Lord... for never leaving me, nor forsaking me and just For Everything! YOU are my all and all!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment