Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tomorrow is Sunday... and...

Tomorrow is Sunday.. The Lord's Day... All Day... as one Pastor used to say..

I Love Sunday, and gathering together with other believers to worship our God, my Lord and Savior and to hear what He has to say to me. He speaks to me in His word, thru the pastor, the music, & other Christians, as we study the Word of God together..

My sainted Mother-in-law set the example to say the least. A woman with many aches and pains and difficulties with stairs, yet she would not use those as an excuse to stay home. She desired to obey her Lord in all aspects of life, and "going to church" was a big thing for her. She Gave to it, she Participated in it, & she Loved her church, really it's people. She could see 'little' things that sometimes in her eyes was not quite right, then say "who of us is perfect?" What does the "BOOK" say about that? In the scheme of eternity, will it matter? Was it just my preference? What is their motive? And then, "guess I'd better get to praying." lol
What an example she was, devouring the word of God every day. Then would tell us, "I can't remember where to find that Scripture, But, "I got the meaning!"  And I guess that is the most important part, isn't it?

   Today I read, Luke 4:16 speaking of Jesus.... When he came to the village of Nazareth, his boyhood home, he went as usual to the synagogue on Saturday, and stood up to read the Scriptures.
   Several things caught my eye... He must have been traveling.. and it was a regular thing he did, go to synagogue, and to read/study the scripture with others.

Jesus went to the synagogue "as usual"~ some translations say "as was his custom." Even tho he was the perfect Son of God, and his local synagogue left much to be desired, he attended services every week.
  His example makes most excuses I could give for not attending church sound weak and self-serving. Does it not? Especially since, I've also been told... NOT to forsake assembling together, as is the manner (custom) of some, but to exhort (encourage/warn) one another...
   I am glad that this part of my Christian walk is decided!! UNLESS 'providentially' hindered, I will be at worship regularly. I will be at Bible study too. My gosh, I've gone so far as to include prayer meeting also. lol
   After all, Jesus did say his house would be called 'a house of prayer.'   
(Even on vacation I have found another part of the eternal family to join with) What joy that has been too.
   Lord willing, see you on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment