Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things wandering around in my little mind...

Well hello there...
     I know it has been awhile but we have been sort of busy of late. AND with the other Blog and etc.. sometimes I draw a blank on what to say..
    But then there is a phrase that of late has begun to bug me. Now then, I don't know if it is of the Lord, the devil, or of me, But... here goes. Comments accepted.. lol
    Walking out of church lately I've overheard people say this to the pastor, and I read posts of the same phrase here and there. Maybe I just never noticed before. hmmm
     "Pastor, I've really 'enjoyed' your message." AND I'm thinking ENJOYED?? Really?
They must have heard a different one than me. Then again I am absolutely sure that every message is AIMED at me, and aimed to make me feel uncomfortable. Or aimed to break my heart. Or aimed to challenge me, convict me, or aimed to 'confirm' something I said I believed, and there have been days where my Spirits were lifted beyond measure.
   I am absolutely amazed at how the Lord takes one man in the pulpit, takes the words He has inspired him to preach, and touches each and everyone there, in different ways on the same day!! I'm sure you've noticed that.
   I know this to be true, having discussed the message with people after services.  I learned this some time ago, and God is still at it!  lol
   Years ago, Bud's mom & dad and I would all go to church together and on the way home, Wow!
Mom would say wasn't that a good message, "on whatever" and Bud would say, Pastor never said that, and I would say I heard something else, and Dad would say... Nope didn't hear that I heard this... haha AND after we would pick up "Thurmon's Sermon" to read. YUP Pastor had not really said all that "We heard" But boy oh boy, does the Lord know us and where our hearts really are...


And each succeding Pastor has managed to do it also.
   
    We may have thought the message was good, or encouraging, or "sure stepped on my toes," or didn't pastor's voice quake in that message, my it touches him too. Yet, I don't think any of us ever said, "I  Enjoyed your message." 
    What say you?  Am I missing something? Are they meaning something else that I am missing?
     Food for thought and study there.

No comments:

Post a Comment