Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who's Responsible??

Ever run out of gas? My responsibility is to keep the tank filled. I've been close to empty and gone to "The Filling Station" but guess what? I can stick the nozzle in the tank but if I never Turn the Pump on... I never get a filling.
   I think it is like that with our lives too. The only one I am ultimately responsible for is me
I need to turn on the Pump of .... 
Salvation on - I can either accept or reject what Christ says about me,  and what He offers.
I need to turn on the Pump of...
Lordship on - I can glance at the Word of God, or Read it, or better yet Study and Apply it to.. "me." Lordship.. (boss) :-)
I need to turn on the Pump of...
Change/application - I can come to church and listen to the music or message and hear it for... "me" and let it go down deep into my soul and apply it to... "me" or Not.
I can feel the tug of the Holy Spirit as He "nudges" me toward Christ or applying change in my life and accept His nudges.
   For us "The Filling Station" is the Filling of God's Spirit and the Application of His Word for us to be all that He want's us to be. There's the "Filling" of a close relationship with Father God.
   IF I desire change in my life, change in my marriage, change in my church, change where I work, change in my world, it all "begins in "me." The Lord makes me responsible for me... I'm to obey God and leave the consequences to Him.
  When I become the mate my mate needs, God takes care of the rest.
  When I become the Christian I should be, it seems that those around me eventually change too.
  God works sooo opposite of the worlds way of thinking. Have you found that out yet?  Boy I have.
  I think a main problem we have in any relationship is rebellion. Oops... It's not that I can't... just that I won't... We rebell against the Lord and His way, we rebell at what God's Word may say to us,  we rebell against those he sends to turn on a light for us, and they are only hoping to help us, and sometimes folks haven't a clue they are being used by God to help. IF I am open to the Lord and his use of humans in my life there is more "filling" I can get.  
  Yup.. I'm responsible with what I do with the Word, How I react to it, and just how humble I might be.
  Each week (better yet every day) we need to get to the 'Filling and Tire Change station.'
What floppy, flappy, bumpy knotty tire are we running around on and refuse to change?? "How is that working for you?"
   Today, Let's Get in the Word, humble ourselves in Prayer, get with other Christians albeit in our homes, at church, in Worship... and remember it is NOT ALL ABOUT ME... It is about, what does Christ desire in & for me, and what does that other person need from/of me.
"Give! And it shall be given unto you....."
We who call ourselves Christian, are the hands, feet, mouth of the Living God, If He's living inside of us...We are the only Bible some folks will ever read, is our print smudged? The world will know us by our Love of one another... Love - an Action word! Not mushy sentimentality... Love caused God to give up his Son, Love caused Jesus to go to thru all he did before, on and after the Cross for us.
  How well am I accepting Christ's Lordship in my life and my responsibility to LOVE Others? Remember it is our choice, no one can force us to drink, or give or change.

Have you been to the "Filling Station??" If not get moving! Don't run on empty with knotty tires... when Jesus Loves us and wants to be our Savior, our Lord, and all in all.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment