Monday, May 2, 2011

Death of Osama Bin Laden and other thoughts...

Today as I awoke, I grabbed my coffee, and headed to the computer to see if there were any prayer needs to post. Then I went to my Facebook page to catch up with family and friends.. and WOW! all the comments about the death of a man, and that he would be in that horrible place called hell. 
A man that was the son of someone, "friend to others," peoples leader altho however evil he might have been. I think I remember a verse in the Bible that says... we who name the name of Christ are to be 'more' than those that don't know him... even the unsaved.. love and do for theirs.. oh that I had a photographic mind! To remember chapter and verse, but more important I guess is to get the 'meaning'  

I know we believe he was responsible for the ordering and planning of 9/11. A horrible thing to say the least, and we were counting on his capture and punishment,  But I have mixed emotions.
I call myself a Christian, meaning I believe and am saved and Christ's living in me. Do I look, act, think, respond to things the way the Lord would. (not near enough I'm thinking, because that would mean He has absolute sway over me as he should.) hmmm

Now I am backtracking... A man is born into a nation and "religion" that is so far afield. Yet he too was a man created in the image of God. Able to think, feel, make decisions, etc.  If I was a betting woman, I'd bet that Jesus died for him too. I wonder just how much praying has been going on for him and the likes of him. Guilty, she cried! Do I hear others praying for the lost of this world? We are proud to be Americans and yet.. God chose us to be born where we are for a purpose, don't you think? Whatever that purpose is, and ......

I understand how much we wanted Osama captured and punished, but to get this excited over the death of a man sort of saddens me. Even him.

   And as for our president... he alone did not accomplish this.. the hunt was started back in another presidents day. The leaders of our armed forces had input, and on the job decision making, and the men and women of those forces carried out and did all the hard, dangerous work! Some gave all!!
I know we are to respect the "Office" of President, and that is good, and that means no matter who is in it... And do we pray God's hand on our leadership where ever that might be?
President, congress, local, towns states, those we work for, or in our schools, churches etc... SERIOUS praying? Praying for our safety and those around the world that serious backlash is not upon us.

  Praying that God's will be done, NOT that they do things the way I think they ought to? 
Do we ever know all the things that go into decision making, without truly being involved? NOT... and I surely do not understand all of God's ways, and he says His ways are not my ways anyway... hmmm

   I think we need some more serious thought about, 2 Chronicles 7:14 and the responsibility we have. Who are we really?? Sunday morning Christians? Playing at being Christian? Straddling the Fence? or as REAL as we can be every day, & everywhere, according to the Word of God?
"If MY people, 
which are called by My name, (Christian) 
shall HUMBLE themselves, 
and Pray,
and seek My face,
and Turn From THEIR wicked ways;
THEN will I hear from heaven, 
and will FORGIVE THEIR SIN, 
and will heal their land."
Do we know what sin is and admit our own?
  
This is just one of many verses of a whole book of wonderful words from our Lord... The Bible is the Mind of Christ on the printed page.. Dig in and see what He has to say about Himself, about us, and the world at large.
Get to really know him and how your life will change. And that truly will have a "Ripple" effect!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I know what your saying. But, I can't say I am sorry he is gone : )

    ReplyDelete