Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ah Tuesday...

Love Tuesday! that is the day the Crochet Ladies get together and we have such a great time together.  I just love those gals..
We "nibble," we talk, we crochet, we share, we challenge each other, we have a devotional.. Tuesdays are another highlight of my week.

But at the moment I have loved ones on my mind. For many varied reasons.
Some have health issues and tests still yet.. Some have "maybe" come closer to the jaunt "home."
Some have not yet come into a relationship with Jesus, or accepted his free (tho costly to him) gift of salvation. 
Some have not thrown in their lot or support  openly with the church. 
Some are straddling the fence.. which makes me wonder..
THEN.. there are friends and family who have lost loved ones recently and the storm of grief has come over them. 

Yes, those wonderful but brief hours of "Calgon take me away!" are of utmost importance in our lives. 
    I find those moments at Worship on Sunday, when my mind and heart are focused on the Eternal, Almighty, Omnipresent God of the universe and how good He has been to me thru the years and asking what do you expect of me now... cause I desire to serve you with my best.
   I find those moments as I look out my window onto my beautiful little corner of the world and watch my birds gobbling up seed or 'grape jelly.'  Yes I said grape jelly. Their songs are sooo pretty too. The flowers have beauty and give off such wonderful fragrance too.
  I find those moments when I draw away from the concerns of life with friends at crochet. Safe and free in their love and acceptance am I. 
  I find those God given "Calgon moments" sometimes in the most unusual places. 
Thank you Jesus!! 
  I'd be willing to wager, (IF I was a betting woman) that you have your own "Calgon moments" too.. I hope you know where yours are.. and are enjoying them fully and thank God and the instruments of His supply. 
  "We draw away from the crowds and turmoil of life and are refreshed in Him." Readying ourselves for the next round of whatever. I have found this to be true..
we are either
in a storm,
coming out of a storm,
or getting ready to go into a storm.
   Enjoy the calms...

Just some more Meandering of my Mind.

May Jesus be your guide and bless you richly.
    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment