Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain/Storms and another view...

We have had some dandy weather around the our country and the world..


Some amazing ideas have crept into my little "Meandering Mind." 


It has been raining gently most of the night and morning, and as I began this writing it stopped a moment... how unusual.


I just think of Jesus looking down from above and crying over us and our sins and what is to come.  When the storms raged in other places I felt his rage/anger/hurt that we would be sooo rejecting of him or so running from him or so satisfied in our sin.


With Mother's day coming, I think in the lines of a parent also, and almighty God desires to be our redeemer, savior, Father, friend. When he looks down at the sin of the world, and even of the children he has, his heart has to break. "He wept." He wept over a friends death, would he not be able to weep over his creation?


If you are a parent, think how easily your children can step on your feelings and hurt you. You desire to keep them safe, 'save' them from the ugliness of the world, and wish for them to have all the best there is and to be and do their best. Haven't we cried over our kids?


Well guess what, God the Father can remember the beginning of what he created and saying "it is good." Then sin entered in, and yes, I can imagine my Father crying over me and all the world.
I can imagine his trying to get our attention... but does the credit go mostly to "mother nature?" or "the weatherman missed that." Or does it just slip by us completely?
I may be completely off the mark... but... in my years I have found that there is generally more than one application when it comes to the Lord...  


Oh well, it was just some food for thought on this dark, rainy morning.
                                  Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment