Goodness! Goodness! to say the least. Another of our church saints has been called home! So very unexpectedly. We just talked by phone on Wed. and she's in the hospital on Thurs. and gone on Friday morning!
A rock in this church. A servant for the Lord and his people. A friend to many.
My heart is heavy... but comforted that Ruth is with her Lord and Savior and her exit was fairly quick and not prolonged. I do have concern for her family, what a shock this must be.
Yup - life is not what we expect. We were sooo concerned with Marv and his health issues that Ruth sort of got passed by, I think. We forget that people are NOT as strong or as healthy as they might want to let on at times..or even look.
What a lesson and sermon there!
We need to stop assuming!! Look harder with the eyes of the Lord and and see what he sees.
Even at prayer meeting Wed. night, it was mentioned that a lot of things are never shared about someone's needs or concerns. Either it's too hard to bear, or people don't want to be a burden, or they don't want you to think they can't handle whatever it is.
Why are we like that in our families or in the family of God too? I don't know, especially when our Lord asks us to share one another's burdens. How can we, when we don't know, or when someone won't ask?
Or is it just that the Lord desires us to be more intuitive, concerned, etc.?? Gosh, I think it works both ways a little. Thanks to those that did see, and were helpful to this family in the last months or so. May God Bless you Richly!
I fully realize that we can't change or prolong a lot of things, but I think at times we might be able to ease some things.
I fully realize that our days our numbered and when the Lord says, COME NOW! nothing on this earth can stop that.
I am grateful that More of my family and friends are children of the Lord than are not. I have a hard time thinking of people that I love spending eternity in hell, when they so easily could have chosen to be in heaven for all eternity.
Thank you Jesus for the many years that Ruth was in my life and a friend. Thank you that she is with you now, praising you for eternity and that we, that know you personally, shall all be reunited some day. What a comfort! What hope! What love offered to us...
See you again Ruth,
No comments:
Post a Comment