Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter... Family... the Lord


I am sitting here "musing." Is that a good word? Or a wrong one, but I like it.
Sometimes this picture is how I feel about my little corner of the world.
Blessed, peaceful, serene to say the least.
God has been sooo good to us thru the years and blessed over and over.
The family he set me in, thru Bud, was really a culmination of the
Story of Ruth in the Bible.

".....whither thou goest, I will go and where thou lodgest, I will lodge:
thy people shall be my people and thy God shall be my God. Where thou diest,
I will die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also,
if ought but death part thee and me." Ruth 1:16-17

Easter was another blessed time at worship & with family, fun, laughter, hugs,
and added memories for the memory bank.  And great news that there shall be
another little one in our midst. After our Easter Services at church I am more &
more grateful and thankful to Jesus and all that he has done for me, hopefully
thru me. Oh that I am a blessing and not to much of a thorn...  

Yes there have been a few bumps and heartaches along the way, and
my heart hurts even now, but He has seen me thru and carried me at times.
I've had times of "why" Lord also. Sometimes I got a "possible" answer or
sometimes a wait and see, or just a "my ways are not your ways Mary."
So I learn to trust and never ask for patience.. :-) 

I have a large family, and am happy for that. There are those that soothe me,
those encourage, those that laugh at my idiosyncrasies, (hopefully not at me)
and those that frustrate me at times, but life is never boring!!!

Someone once said to me when they were going thru a very rough time....
OH IF only we could have a life like you and Bud! I just laughed and he
thought I had lost it...  I told him to just pop in sometime and not call first and
see what you find. We are normal and have our ups and downs but are
committed to one another.. I asked him, when do you really see us??
Well, we will call and see if we can get together.. and of course we'll be on our
best behavior..
We gather at weddings, time to have fun and again be on our best behavior.
We gather at funerals, time to be supportive and helpful and again on our
best behavior.. and that's what we do. Nothing wrong there but it gives the
wrong impression sometimes... Real life is lived in the daily grind of home,
kids, work. And at times the ugly side appears... but thanks be to God for His
unspeakable gift of salvation and Jesus who is ALWAYS there to help us over
the bumps and to make us better people. Thinking of others first, and what
they might really need or want, not what I think they might need or want.
... giving instead of always being takers. Whether that is with our love,
our care, our time, our joy, our money... our all... remembering that loving
and liking are two different things and we might be called to love, before we
like... :-)

Yup!  I am blessed and I cannot begin to imagine what the next life holds, but
of this I am sure, with Jesus there, it will be beyond words!!!! and to be
reunited with the loved ones that have already made that journey... oh how
wonderful!

So all of you have a great day, and remember.. What do you want?
Then Give it to that person... for it is in giving that we receive.
Live Life,
Love God,
Love Others.

Till I see you again..... ((Hugs))

No comments:

Post a Comment