Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lazy Day & Bible Thoughts

Well Now... Today has been a lazy day... and I guess that's ok once in awhile.

At least my cough is much less, tho I still feel punky! :-)  Well let's say, not up to snuff. 

And the next round of Dr.'s comes this week on Mon. & Tues.  But I am grateful for them.

Golly it was sooo good to be in worship again today. Missing one Sunday feels like I have missed a month!!  Pastor's messages in this series on Tithing and Giving and his illustrations and Scripture were very helpful and encouraging.
   It seems as tho the Bible becomes NEW again each time we hear a new sermon or study a new Sunday School lesson.

The Bible meets me where I am. Whatever situation I am facing, going thru, or relationship I am having.
The Bible gives clear guidelines on living all of life.
Living the Christian life, how to become one, and just how much we are loved by God is all thru the pages. 
There are clear guidelines on life with mates, kids, family, work, just plain LIFE!
The Bible gives comfort in times of loss.
The Bible gives encouragement when I think I can no longer move forward.
The Bible even gives me a laugh at times or a new song to sing.
AND.... Why wouldn't it? The Bible is THE WORD, the Word of God, and given to us from the Designer/Creator of all that is.
Guess He ought to have the inside track on Living Life then, Don't you think? I DO!
 I Personally call it my "manual for living"
My mother-in-law would always point me to it too, When I would ask a question about something she would say, "What does The Book say? I might tell you wrong."  (like she could)  She believed it all, and aimed to practice it all.  

I am so grateful to have a Bible, preserved down thru the ages for us..
The Bible is the ONLY Book in the world that is, one book that never gets old, you never come to the end of it and are done reading. There is always something "I missed" ~  something that "I forgot" ~ something "I need to share"~ "Oh my how that blessed me" ~ "Oh what insight on God Himself" ~ "Oh how Jesus Loves me"~ "God convicted me on that, I need to turn away from that" "God will never leave me." "What an eternal home to look forward to." and on and on and on I could go. ♥ ☺ 

If you are not in a Church or Bible study I suggest you get into one and let God have your all. 
We have a wonderful Church and Bible Study Groups for all ages. If you are in our area, give us a try.
If not... their are many good Bible preaching churches out there, I'd be willing to help you find one...
    God Bless and Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment