Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Storms" (written in 2009)

 
    And MY Mind can really 'meander' sometimes. We've just had storms here all spring, "STORMS GET OUR ATTENTION" and it's caused me to think about other things too.
    I feel good at the moment! Now that can be good or scary... Is this good for a while OR the calm before a storm??
    We did a Bible study once, and a phrase that I have NEVER forgotten says... "You are either in a storm, coming out of a storm, OR getting ready to go into a storm." And after 72 yrs., I find that is life for sure.
    So we need to enjoy to the fullest the calms... and preprare for the storms.  I rest in Jesus.
    I have sooo been enjoying the Lord's gifts,  my family, my home, my little piece of America, my church and the eternal family there, time away, and on it goes. God has blessed MY family soooo much. Me for sure!!! NO we are not perfect, but who or what is??? I have learned also that it is in the valley's you grow and move up to enjoy the mountain top. No valley's, no mountain top. This is God's classroom in preparation for eternity, and we better get it right... I intend to be on the mountain top of heaven and not in the valley of hell.... FOR SURE... :-)
    I stand in awe of the Lord as I look back, from my earliest beginnings to now. AMAZING cannot say it all. He has a plan for each of us that comes into this world... and His greatest desire is to have a personal relationship with us... can you believe that?
    My the valleys and mountain tops of my life might just possibly could fill a small book, now that I am "thinking" of them ALL.
    My mother had us in Sunday School at an early age on the farm, tho I don't remember it. I just have a Bible that says, given to me by my S.S. Teacher. Seeds must have been planted.
    Mom died at an early age which moved us to this area, and her family. Grandma Najmolovski had a special love of the church and I believe the Lord. (I do know 'blood family' was of utmost importance!) More Sunday school and worship. And I was in awe of God in that beautiful Russian Orthodox church for sure!
More seeds planted in my life.
    Dad never left us, loved us the best he could. I gained a "best buddy" in grade school. Bonnie Blackwell. Her mom was the finest Christian in action that I got to be around then. I've had several fine "substitute Mom's" now that I look back. More seeds planted in my life. (And some people were not so fine, but we learn from them too.)
    In my teens, I found Bud, and/or he found me... whatever. When I got him I got so much more than his wonderful self.  I got his parents, brother, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. This is where the Lord wanted me for sure. They are a hugging, loving, mugging bunch and it helped me to let go of a lot of attitudes I had. Tho it took time.. God is patient and they were too.
     Now, God moves us to Whiting, a 2 flat and the lady upstairs befriends me, helps me, and shares the Love of Jesus with me. WOW! I am a sinner. I surrender! I believe... I am baptized and from there on... life is never the same.
I did not get totally sold out, "fully surrendered," no, not until "the valley of teens" did I gave up fully!  haha  My HE knew how to get my attention! And I'm sooo glad. He never leaves us nor forsakes us.
    The storms of precious pastors moving on to other places, but God filled in and built on what they had given us. How blessed is that? 
    The storm of losing my dad right after we had just gotten closer.. how sad is that? But between my pastor and his doctor, both assured me he was right with God. How good is that?
    The storm of losing my in-laws who had become my parents really, both in the same week!  AH what an example and mentor was Mom Gulley. A loving - forgiving woman. Dad a soft-spoken, patient man. Yes, I can go on without them (Philippians 4:13) and take what I have learned in their teachings and in caring for them and minister it back to others. "Give and it shall be given unto you........" Tho care-giving was NOT the life I had planned, remember I said, God has a plan, and uses people. Various members of my family have taught that lesson well.
    The loss of losing my brother Wayne, oh my, now that was a real hard time for some reason. We too, had just gotten closer, in the last years of his life, and he had surrendered his life back to Christ, and was in church again. How I still miss his Sunday morning calls sometimes, just to let me know "little brother is going to church today." God blessed him with a woman to love him again, and gave him some great joy in both relationships, with the Lord and her, then took him home to heaven as he sat in church. That gave me many thoughts on the call's  of God to "Come unto me."  
    I have left out a lot of valley's, that would be too personal to talk about, but I do know that when I'm in the storm I've learned to ask.. "Father God, how are you drawing me closer to you? What is the lesson to learn here, and, how should your child apply it to my life or share it with someone else?" Each one touches another, and MANY have touched and blessed me thru these years! How good is that??
      AND my favorite quote now is what Mom Gulley always said to me.. "What does the Book say?" And HE will see us thru the storms....
    Ahhhh a good time of 'remembering' today.... And no doubt I have applied Aunt Mona's song of the 1940's to the remembering... "Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative and don't mess with Mr. In-between", no doubt taken by whomever wrote it, from Philippians 4:8  
    But in all I did learn, NEVER, put off what you can do today for/or with someone. Be it family, friend or stranger. No matter how small the gesture... for we know not what tomorrow will bring. 
    Storms in your life?? Trust/Rest in the Lord, Obey God and leave the consequences to Him, and in the final analysis that's all we need to do... Our life might not be what 'we want,' but it will be what 'He wants.'  "Smile, Jesus loves you."
    I've left out the fun things, the touches of God, & other lessons learned. Something for next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment