I have been "under the weather" with some sort of congestion so I missed S.S. & Church this morning. While at home I have been watching my favorite TV Preacher, Dr. Charles Stanley and this morning in "surfing" the TV stations I found another pastor that I liked before, again. (Dr. D.James Kennedy) I had been missing him. NEAT! Two fabulous messages today!
So then, I went to the computer to check out the re-found pastor's website. I checked my e-mails and Facebook too.
A cousin posted something on Facebook and that too, got my mind to meandering. Amazing what will trigger us to deeper thoughts at times isn't it?
I stand in awe of the Amazing, Marvelous, Wonderful God & Father I have. I hope you know Him too.
Hindsight, is a wonderful thing, even in the Christian life. "Looking back" Learning from the circumstances of our lives. Do you do that? I hope so... sometimes we don't see the lesson in life till we are much past it, if we learn it at all... Do you ever think that our heavenly Father feels about His children as we do our kids?? "HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU THAT!!!" Or have you cried and had a fit about something you just didn't want to do or were afraid to? Father God had you in a place/time/circumstance to learn something, or to change something in our lives.
The Potter keeps working with the clay to make something beautiful out of it..
My most difficult "clay time" and yet productive and rewarding time, was when I had to begin doing more for my in-laws. Helping, doing for, taking care of... etc. etc. Mind you I loved my in-laws and they had become my parents, mine had died way to early in life, so I didn't have the privilege of them being around long, but My oh My "this is NOT what I had expected at this stage of life to be doing, nor had I planned or bargained for this." This is too soon.
And yet, in the long run, it was best for ME.
Looking back ~
The Time we shared would not have been as much any other way... or as meaningful... or as good a classroom for many things. The stories of life "back then." History of family, funny stories, sad stories, and just what helped to make them the people they were. And oh the laughs we shared before ill health set in and then---
you begin learning other things...
When you need to administer meds and learn to give injections that is something! Keeping medicines straight and not fainting at the needle yourself. Wow... I just thought of something! How God prepares us and we don't notice. YEARS before mom's sister wanted to go visit her in Florida, but she was diabetic and had poor eyesight and could NOT give her own injections.. I popped up quickly saying if you can go, we can take you, and I will do it. Cocky that was! But I did it! Had forgotten that! And that first injection on the road down there, I almost did faint in the washroom, it was NOT like sticking that orange! lol But we made it. Little did I know it would come in handy later.
When folks lose their eyesight... you read the bible to them. Getting me into more of the Word, even tho I had 2 households to attend to, poor excuse for not reading the Word.
When because of health issues... you must cook a little differently... you get it done!
When the hearing begins to go, you learn to how to be heard. Speak a bit louder, and a bit slower and a bit clearer. Some of that works with most people anywhere.
When dad had surgery, you learn how to put on & care for an ileostomey. Oh joy! Nursing without a degree...
When you need help and don't get it, you learn it's your fault. You just must list some needs that would be helpful for someone to take care of, then let the people tell you what they can do for you. DUH!! They are not mind readers. Yup they did pitch in and give me a bit of a break.. thanks to a brother-in-law and his sweet wife.
When it comes to bath time now that the folks can't do it.. You learn the value of Scripture... "I can do all things thru Christ.... " Phil. 4:13
Later on when a sister-in-law comes up from Florida, leaving her own family to give you a hand, and stays for months... you learn gratitude/thankfulness to say the least.
When it comes to realizing that the folks won't be with you long, you learn to accept some things and make plans. And include them in the planning. A comfort, when the time comes, knowing everything had been planned out.
When the pastor, & our friend comes to visit and encourage them and comes out of the bedroom almost dancing and shouting, you know the folks are not afraid, so you have nothing to fear either.
I could go on forever... but I won't. How do I know the lesson was learned... It's when I can praise the Lord in difficult times and use the lessons learned in that time to benefit others.
Hopefully as I deal with others in person or write this blog, people will benefit from lessons learned. God is Good All the Time.
God's Blessings upon you and have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment