Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hello There.....

Today my day is a bit topsy turvey... I think I have a cold.. I do know the sinuses are full, and I'm sort of achy after a lousy night of sleep...
But OHH I'm so grateful for every lounge chair we have...  
I know which one makes the most noise, and at 3:30 in the morning you need to know that, so as not to wake up the man of the house. He needs his sleep and has a busy day planned for tomorrow... going to do some work/help for someone.
I know which lounge chair is the most comfortable... easy to use... etc.
But... even so... I had to go to the back room to the OLD chair... I couldn't be quiet, and I knew I wouldn't be heard as easily back there,  and I think the master of the house forgot to wind several sections of the chiming clock in the living room, IT DRUG OUT THE CHIMES... and grrrrrrrrr I couldn't reach it to turn it off. (Well not easily NOR quietly!)
Then I get to the back room and get situated in my chair and then I remember there is a clock back here too, and  I can't reach it either... lol
But by then, I was sooo tired to care, and I'm finally able to breathe a bit, that I did get "some" sleep between chimes.
Isn't it amazing what little things in the course of the normal day we don't hear or even notice?  
But in the quiet of night, and desiring sleep, those clocks sounded like bombs going off!
Now I really love those clocks!  The living room one Bud got upon retirement and it has pretty chimes. The one in the back room my brother Wayne got for his retirement and it is exactly the same... His boys gave it to me after his death. It has great sentimental value.
Sooo there is no way I would remove them or get rid of them.
But Isn't it odd how when you are feeling the least bit off, that most anything can bug you? Trip your trigger? whatever! (Be it a clock or a person?) Even when you haven't yet realized that you are "under the weather" as they say.
My, sometimes I wonder where we get the silly sayings we use.. Oh I know, Mom or Dad said it, a friend used it, or who knows really... haha
Anyway we need to be on guard of our emotions and "wearing our hearts on our sleeve,"  it just might get a bit bruised.
Realizing that, really it was not the other persons fault that I got my feelings hurt or my "nose out of joint."  It was my own fault, I took what they said "the wrong way."  Really, when it's someone you love, assume, they were just trying to be of help... I have been told that "2 heads are better than one." Yet sometimes we are sure that only one head is needed and it is mine!!  How rude! and most assuredly not always true.
And that is it for the "meandering mind"  or  "food for thought" today... and since I am not real clear headed, maybe my post isn't either... but love me anyway, will ya?? :-)  I just needed to post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment