Monday, February 14, 2011

From death to LIFE!

2 wiggle worms on Great Aunt Kathy's lap at Christmas, Jenna on the left, Julia on the right.


Yes Kids can be the "LIFE" of any gathering... I just love the wee ones... and Jessica & John stopped by last night and visited.. Julia & Jenna in tow. The whole J-crew! :-) We needed that after 3 wakes/funerals in a week.
   What a pleasant time for us... Julia is now 3 and Jenna is 1 and walking sooo good now. What fun to watch.. we are proud grandparents AND Great-grandparents..

   While they were here, it was a busy, bustling, fun evening... I keep forgetting the energy and go power of the little ones. We are not around them as much as we'd like, with busy lives of everyone, and time moves sooo fast, from one stage to the next stage.  Kids are wonderful!
   Touching, questions, laughing, investigating, screeming, and "I'm hungry!" Julia is a bundle to handle. Jenna is just smiling and following behind!  But it is amazing their inquisitiveness at just anything new.  As for "I'm hungry"... got to remember she's NOT really.. lol And you would think I would remember these things, cause the Great Aunt holding these 2 is one of my girls... ANOTHER Bundle of energy and non-stop moving, and questions!
Their visit was brief.. and Brief is Good! After a LONG day I am sure mom would have rather gone straight home with the kiddies, rather than stop here.  But we got to see and play and hold the wee ones and got a 'bit' more info on the building process of their new home... and Bud and John talked a bit too.. Gotta squeeze that all in between the two little energizer bunnies..&... who jumps up next to run after them..lol  

In the process of the week and this evening, many thoughts came to mind......
The Lord gives and the Lord takes...
Children are an inheritance and gift of the Lord..
Kids are fun! Funny! Facinating, a source of pride, Time & Energy consuming.. and it's funny to hear Jess & John joke about, Who's child that is, and who should run after that one.. How I remembered saying "That's your kid!"  Not a lot changes... she said *smiling.*

Now I know WHY God gives children in our younger years.. at my stage.. I couldn't keep up 24/7 and no doubt I would forget WHERE I laid that kid down.. lol (just kidding, but it might happen with some)
It's wonderful to see life and family going on.. and new generations coming along, growing, learning, loving. 
Yup God and Family... how wonderful is that??????? :-)
It's The ultimate BEST!!



No comments:

Post a Comment