Saturday, February 12, 2011

Death

I am a bit down? In the dumps? deflated? I am not sure what to call it.

We have had 5 losses in this past week and a half!! A bit much for an old lady... to deal with, think about, and be supportive of those dealing with loss.

Dear Cousin's young daughter-in-law who had a small child too. Not expected at this young age! In her 30's I believe. 
Dear Friend from church lost his Father, a man in his senior years.
My neighbor next door lost her son-in-law, very unexpectedly, and he was father to 3 children and 2 are very young. (They had lost their mother to cancer several years back) How sad!
Another friend from church lost her husband who was my age, and we had gone to the same high school.

Isn't it amazing how things happen in bunches at times no matter what "the bunch" is..

I fully realize "it is appointed" a time for us to pass on, and I, like most people, expect it as we age.  That makes it NO easier, but we expect it.
It is the young ones that sort of put me in a deflated mood. In their 30's for both of them, and so much they had not yet experienced or accomplished.

And because of the little children I can relate. I too, lost my mother in her early 30's. I feel for them, I can understand their emotions and fear, and all those things they will be feeling in the months and years to come.
   I can understand and feel the loss of a father, having lost mine too. Dad's are so important to us. 
  I cannot fathom the loss of a mate. That has not happened, but I can "imagine" the loss of company, support, closeness, love, touch, and sooo many other things.

In all this, the thing that most comes to mind is, the Comfort that the Lord has given me in these times, and that His Word says, to comfort & share the comfort He's given to me, with those that are in any trouble.

Yup, that I can do. That I shall do. For I remember those that did this for me in my times of need. WOW! It meant sooo much and is never forgotten...

God Be Praised and a good day to all.
     Till Next time... Smile, Jesus Loves Us!

P.S. In case you are counting, #5 was one of my precious little birds outside. He/she slid down the shepherd's hook and got his little foot caught. How sad I hadn't noticed him earlier.Bud helped me with that one. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment