I do sooo look forward to Sunday... how about you? Not to sleep in, or to lazy around, or what ever.. but to go to church.
I look forward to Studying my Bible with others... and gaining new insight. Or sharing something God has taught me, that someone else just might need. Sharing our lives, loves, needs, prayers, with a small group we can bond with.
I look forward to hearing the great music we have to offer here, and making a "joyful noise" with others as we sing. Music has always been a GREAT part of my life. Mom played in a Russian orchestra at a very early age.. Dad sang a lot and opted to stay with us, after she died, rather than take that great baritone voice on the road. (He was a great whistler too) I sang in choir at church/at school. Lots in our family had great music appreciation in the '40's. SO yes, I can appreciate worshiping either with voice or instrument.
I do love to hear the Word expounded upon. I come expecting God to speak to me. Great preaching/teaching is a blessing and our pastor is tops! Things from God, become quite clear from pastor. Thus saith the Lord, "Yes Mary, I'm confirming what you thought." "No Mary, that is not what pleases me." "Yes My girl, you can do that, and I'm there to help you.." And on it goes... Every Sunday is something new, and can either lift me up or step on my toes, but that is what "growing in the Lord" is all about, isn't it?
My mother-in-law set the example of excited church attendance, and how we shared later what "we heard." Amazing how God could use ONE man, to speak to each of us in a different tone and on different issues. Just Amazing!!
I do love to be there and get my hugs & handshakes, and "how ya doing?" And give some in return.
I love to see visitors come and get a hearty welcome... we truly are friendly and 'care about' folks. We have an official hugger too.. hahaha (another story)
Yes I do look forward to Sunday's... ALL DAY.... Morning Service, and Evening Service and no two are ever alike... AND it has happened that just the time I do have to miss, I miss something big. grrrr So it is my purpose to not miss unless I am providentially hindered, which doesn't happen often.
I do know that God is always pleased when we take time to gather together with the church, it's "PEOPLE!" and worship in one accord and take care of church family and visitors.
The laughter of children and youth all through the halls is a blessing to us all.
The laughter of children and youth all through the halls is a blessing to us all.
Lord willing I'll see ya Sunday.... God Bless, and set aside Sunday for gathering with "the family" to worship the Lord.
IF you do not yet know Jesus we'd like to introduce you to Him and welcome you into His family.
No comments:
Post a Comment