Today has been a long, very quiet day...
Do you get many of those? I don't. And at this stage in life you would think I'd have more of them.. NOT!
But today Bud had an appointment over in South Bend, In. and they are 1 hour ahead of us. So that meant his leaving early. And you never know how long it will take at a Doctor's office, (another recheck) or how the weather has been farther away. Surely he stopped for breakfast and lunch, and who knows what else. There is a Harley place over there. :-)
In the process of the day I have enjoyed the "Quietness" of the house. NO TV... NO Radio... no talking... no phones rang... & to be able to hear the washer & dryer buzzers without getting closer to the basement stairs.
Ah yes, just me and the Lord and his wonderful birds outside. Yes lots are still here. I feed them and they pass the word I'm sure. "Feed bag is on at Gulley's, meet you there!! The red cardinals are so pretty against the snow. And the doves were all paired up. How nice. Several different woodpeckers, the canary's and other little ones, which this morning, I did not wait to see which ones were there.
I have very good hearing still yet, and I have guarded what God gave me. NO LOUD stuff for me. AND I want to "Be still and know that HE is God."
I want to be able to hear the birds, the rustle of the trees as the wind goes thru. The gentle patter of raindrops. To hear the ticking of a clock in a corner of the room, like a heartbeat, reminding me of a brother I loved. To hear someone say "I love you" wow! I enjoy hearing the wind chimes. I like to even hear the whipping of the wind in a winter storm as it rushes around the house, and I am blessed to even hear a siren warning me far in advance of their coming, like the train whistle, OR the ambulance, the police officer, the fireman rushing to help someone. Give'em room!
Most of all I love to hear the Lord. I have found I cannot hear the Lord over the 'noise' of the world a lot of the time. Our Lord never yells. Have you noticed? So unless I am in the Word reading, and listening as I go about my day, I MISS His gentle promptings, and nudges. Don't you find that true at times?
I am grateful for these days of very quiet & solitude, time to think, to mull some things over, and to count my blessings. A good day!
Just some "thinking" and "meandering" of my mind today, I'm sure you feel this way at times too, don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment